Steven A

Conference Title Game and Recruiting-Class-Size Changes on the Docket

Title game change should probably be instituted by Pac 12 ASAP.

Never thought about the recruiting class issue, but with the NIL exoduses, expanding class size to re-gain scholarship maximums seems essential.

big-ten-cg-getty.jpg
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The two proposed pieces of legislation will be voted on by the Division I Council later in May

• Thanks 1

I guess this makes sense

What will stop the big boys from stockpiling top players if they eliminate the 85 player limit for 2 years

I like a approach where if u lose a player in the portal or injury you can replace him 1 for 1. We would still have the limit which has been a blessing of making a level playing field. I don't wish to go back to the old days of stockpiling by the blue bloods.

• Thumbs Up 1

That example of Kansas makes a lot of sense.  Seems they should only apply the waiver in cases where the Scholarship #'s drop to a certain level.  59 is a good number, as it is 26 below the scholarship limit.

Why not have the 85 scholarship limit but allow schools to sign as many to reach that mark as necessary each year?  The 25 per class rule has always been a head scratcher for me.   If you need 15 to reach 85, then sign 15.  If you need 40 to reach 85, then sign 40. 

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2