idontrollonshobbas

UO Athletics Building: 'The Jake' to Benefit Golf Programs

OregonGolf_View1_Exterior_v1_THE_JAKE_WO
GODUCKS.COM

The latest state-of-the-art UO athletics facility will be built on the grounds of Emerald Valley Golf Club, and is named for Peter and Jan Jacobsen.

Hadn't seen this before.....very cool building dedicated to one of the best Ducks ever.  I was ambling through Atlanta airport sporting colors one day and I hear a booming "Go Ducks" across the terminal...sure enough, Peter Jacobsen.  Chatted me up for few minutes then we fist-bumped and went our separate ways.  Very chill dude.

• Great post! 1

My buddy was talking about this.  If I heard correctly, they will have a putting green that is adjustable.  Not just moving the hole, but adjusting the height of the whole green.

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What a nice addition. Practicing during the winter months will become a lot more enjoyable for golf team members. Should help sway a few recruits to come to Oregon. 

After Peter Jacobsen’s playing career ended, he really became an ambassador for golf for in Oregon. It is a nice tribute to he and his family. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like we are not just a 1 trick pony. In almost every sport all of our  venues and practice facilities are top notch and innovative.

It's The Oregon Way!

• Thumbs Up 1