Tandaian

Oregon Ducks QB Battle

After his spring game performance, Nix showed that at this point in the season, he is the most poised option who will offer the fewest number of mistakes.

USATSI_18077452.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

If the season were to start today, Nix might be the QB1. There are still 3 months to go, though. Can the veteran QB hold onto the starting spot?

I just don't see a first career start against Georgia in Atlanta being a smart choice for the staff. Even if one of the young guns is starting to kill it in practice it wouldn't be prudent to make his first start in that environment. Nix will start, but if we see development he may not stay the starter.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 5/26/2022 at 9:38 AM, Haywarduck said:

Even if one of the young guns is starting to kill it in practice it wouldn't be prudent to make his first start in that environment.

If either Thompson or Butterfield we're outright beating Nix in partactice, as in really leaving little doubt who qb1 was, then I'd say start them. 

But if it is just close then I'd say Nix has the edge with expirence. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If Lanning truly evaluates QBs on Point Per Possession (PPP), Nix seems to be way out in front right now based on the spring game performance.   

Does the fact that Bo was rehabbing from last years ankle injury and new team play any factor into how good he's going to be next year? I don't see how it wasn't.