Steven A

Upside of Ducks WR Transfer Caleb Chapman

From the article: "I remember seeing him in person at the Texas 7-on-7 state championships in the summer before his senior year and in that setting he was unstoppable. There's not really much you can do in shirts and t-shirts against a 6-foot-5 guy who is a good athlete. He was winning balls over smaller guys. He was running by some of them."

Brooks also noted Chapman's dual-sport athleticism. He was also a track athlete at Clear Brook high school."

You've got to love his size as a WR.  He stays healthy, could be quite a potential threat against opposing defenses.

Edited by NJDuck

On 5/31/2022 at 11:29 AM, Steven A said:

Per 24/7

10517525.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

247Sports talent evaluator sees the upside of WR transfer Caleb Chapman

Thank you!

Staying healthy. Why does it seem like some guys get the jinx?

Cam McCormick, Patrick Herbert, Justin Flowe...

I see this as a good get for us and potentially a great get. This guy brings needed maturity and knowledge of how to maintain the grind week in and week out. Along with Cota, a real boon to the WR room.

He also has a great ability and 6'5"!!

Love it.

I'm hoping he is as impactful as Juwan Johnson was from Penn St. a couple years ago.

And I hope he stays healthy for a full year, along with the other guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still want to see what Cam McCormick can do with a full season of stats. I hope the young man gets his chance this year. He could be our surprise player of the year if he does!

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 3:10 PM, DanLduck said:

Staying healthy. Why does it seem like some guys get the jinx?

Cam McCormick, Patrick Herbert, Justin Flowe...

It is amazing how injuries seem to hit certain players more than others.   It's like some boxers who have "glass chin" syndrome that they just can't get over.   Canton Kaumatule was another one

I repeat and amplify previous comments about lining up 5 pass catchers at least 6’ 5” and taller. 

not many teams college or pro can cover that height spread out. 

another 6’ 5” receiver. Competition at minimum. But I think we’re going to see real height consistently at WR and it’s going to be a weapon. 

• Applause 1

On 5/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, Vandownbytheriverduck said:

I repeat and amplify previous comments about lining up 5 pass catchers at least 6’ 5” and taller. 

not many teams college or pro can cover that height spread out. 

another 6’ 5” receiver. Competition at minimum. But I think we’re going to see real height consistently at WR and it’s going to be a weapon. 

And then the antivenin will be the speedy little guy. I still want to see the lightening quick little guy with magnets for hands! I suppose we have Seven, and keep the Seven's coming!

On 5/31/2022 at 4:51 PM, Haywarduck said:

And then the antivenin will be the speedy little guy. I still want to see the lightening quick little guy with magnets for hands! I suppose we have Seven, and keep the Seven's coming!

Agree completely. The ability to mix and match and create favorable matchups. Seven and kris running all over the field.

And then suddenly the defense has to cover three receivers at  6’5” and tight ends going 6’5” and 6’6”. 

The WR room looking good! 

• Thumbs Up 3