Tandaian

Ducks Winners in the Transfer Portal

Recently On3 Sports broke down some of the biggest players to leave the SEC this offseason through the transfer portal, and it just so happens that a pair of those players ended up coming to the Ducks.

USATSI_18139759.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks did a good job getting some of the top transfers out of the SEC this season, leaving their former teams with holes to fill.

• Great post! 1

We also gave the sec the top portal gets DJ James and a defensive tackle I can't remember the name of.

On 6/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, Duck 1972 said:

We also gave the sec the top portal gets DJ James and a defensive tackle I can't remember the name of.

Jayson Jones.  Enormous DT and would have fit in very well with Dan Lanning's defensive philosophy.

The biggest transfer loss might be starting at qb for Auburn. Wouldn't that be a head scratcher if Ashford starts for Auburn and has a stellar year?

I could see Ashford surprising college football more than I could see Mari'no'O killing it his first year at Miami. Of course I always was pulling for Robby to make it big.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/7/2022 at 10:22 AM, kirklandduck said:

Jayson Jones.  Enormous DT and would have fit in very well with Dan Lanning's defensive philosophy.

Actually...I don't think so.  He would have fit in with a Jerry Azzinaro defense that utilized tall, less bulky players like Brandon Bair, but 6'6" and below 300 does not matchup with Lanning, IMHO.  Lanning wants a run-stuffer, like our 330 lb. transfer from Washington,  Sam Taimani, or an agile pass-rusher and it seems to me that Jones is a tweener for those categories.

Or I could be completely wrong!  My thoughts anyway... 

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Actually...I don't think so.  He would have fit in with a Jerry Azzinaro defense that utilized tall, less bulky players like Brandon Bair, but 6'6" and below 300 does not matchup with Lanning, IMHO.  Lanning wants a run-stuffer, like our 330 lb. transfer from Washington,  Sam Taimani, or an agile pass-rusher and it seems to me that Jones is a tweener for those categories.

Or I could be completely wrong!  My thoughts anyway... 

Last I checked Jayson Jones easily weighed 330, giving him both the reach and the heft. I thought that kind of size would have done well on Georgia's DL.

• Thumbs Up 1