Charles Fischer

Big Political News: Don't Go 'There'

There was a big news announcement that has massive political implications, and is the most contentious subject in the world of politics.  Do NOT mention it, refer to it, or even in the most oblique way bring it into a thread.  This is true today and every day; do not even mention the word.

Remember, this is the GREEN REFUGE away from that real-life stuff, the place where we can discuss Oregon sports in peace...unlike anywhere else.

If you attempt to skirt around the rules at all...

giphy.gif

If you have an objection or concern about this policy....do not post them in public.  Email me charles@fishduck.com and we will discuss it.

From the Rules:
No. 12: No Reference of any kind to Politics or Religion:  I do not allow even a hint of politics or subtopics pertaining to politics; no names, no terms, no links, not even a word or any references pertaining to anything political. Do not even use the word"politics" or "political" in your posts because just the word is a lightning rod that generates discussions in a direction we do not want the site to go in.

Any of the aforementioned could initiate a political discussion, and veering in that direction at all will cause a site meltdown in today’s acrimonious climate. We do not allow anything negative directed at any religion, toward anyone in the LGBT community, or toward any race, gender or ethnic group.

No. 12a): Part of the challenge I have is not only deleting any comment that pertains at all to politics, but to also remove the comments that could also instigate political discussions that could hurt our community. I have to ask myself, “will that comment initiate political discussion, even though the comment is fairly benign?”

That is why I delete posts/comments that may not be blatantly political, as I have prevent the responses and fall-out that would ensue from the comment. People here want that protection, and not just from being attacked politically, but from even having to read it.

The majority of our rules can again be summarized to this: 1) be polite and respectful, 2) keep it clean, and 3) no reference of any kind to politics.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Does that dude have eligibility left, Charles?

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Haha 6

On 6/24/2022 at 11:25 AM, woundedknees said:

Does that dude have eligibility left, Charles?

I laughed hard enough I snorted at work reading this comment! 

Thanks for that 🙂

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 2

Well done getting out in front. 

The kicker is Miami and the punted is MC in 3 years

• Haha 3

It is a shame I even had to write the first post in this thread, but sure enough...I've had to delete two posts today that made a slight reference to politics.  Were they egregious?  No.  Could they start a bonfire?  YES. 

Been-there-and-done-that.  C'mon folks, use good judgment!

Some people just don't see

what the problem is...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

That wonderfully profound literary treasure of yesteryear associated with some dude with the appelation "Alfred e. Newman", once posted a satirically misogynistic take on a popular clothing ad that began, "I dreamed I was way out in front, in my ... "!

Ah, but I digress from the seriousness of this matter.

Mea Culpa!

Keep up the good work, Charles!

• Thanks 1

Yes

This is my refuge, along with my bourbon cabinet 

Hockey Finals game 6 on Sunday!

Let's whack each other with sticks!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Don't be that guy, and sometimes it takes some effort! One of my favorites, Don Rickles said it best.

don-rickles.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/25/2022 at 9:47 AM, shawnski said:

Yes

This is my refuge, along with my bourbon cabinet 

Hockey Finals game 6 on Sunday!

Let's whack each other with sticks!!!!

Yes! Stanley Cup series continues....have a feeling this one goes to 7.  Nothing like a Stanley Cup Game 7.....the bourbon cabinet may need to be replenished.

• Thumbs Up 1

A defined by affairs of a nation, I do look forward to big news for the Duck Nation! I agree only the Duck Nation.

Screen-Shot-2021-10-23-at-11.25.28-AM.png.webp

I pulled this pinned post down and wanted it to drift away!  But I love the photo...

Mr. FishDuck