Charles Fischer

Ty Thompson Outperforms Cameron Rising, Kedon Slovis and Bryce Young?

Ty Thompson beat some pretty good names in the Friday competition...and is the youngest QB at the event?  See story below the tweet...

will-levis-names-offensive-players-that-
WWW.ON3.COM

Many of college football's top quarterbacks threw at the Manning Passing Academy on Friday night, with several turning in standout showings.

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

This could be a glimpse of Ty blooming like he did in HS or a Red Herring. 

Ty grew during HS and end of HS tape he makes ALL THE THROWS! He looks like everything the OBD crew dreamt of, he jumped like 100 plus spots in national, 247 rankings his last year. Ty kicked rear at the Elite 11, didn't he win the Alpha Dog? 

Ty looked so good I question Mario not starting the kid and let him take his Lumps, Ty's upside seemed huge! It takes guts to roll with a Frosh and suffer those Lumps, but coaches are doing it more and more now. I don't know maybe I'm wrong about throwing the kid out there as a True Frosh with solid OL, Verdell/Dye, deep WR's.................

We have fall camp to play out with 3 QB's who were all Dudes coming out of HS, Butters was the lowest rated and still around a Top 120 guy.

I have zero preference on who wins out as QB1, it's a non-issue to me.

The end game is we have Dudes and if Dilly don't have a successful QB next year then I'm looking at him first. 

• Salute 1

Hope Ty gets "THE" Dude trophy. Give him a ton of confidence surrounded by the best QB talent in the country. Dude can throw 70 yards accurately enough to score.

Can I say "the" in noun form? Bucky gunna send me a bill? 

Edited by Log Haulin
  • Mic drop 2

Ty always had impressive physical tools.  Throwing with 300 lb linemen rushing you with 2.5 seconds to find the open receiver and making the throw is a quite a different story.  

Time will tell if he makes the mental jump.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Its all about successful risk taking and obviously accuracy. Does he have that at/in game time??? 

What makes great QBs like Brady, Rogers, Fouts, Marriota, Herbert etc....is B_lls!!!😁

Anthony Browns numbers weren't all that bad but when you see film of the games that guy missed seeing more open receivers than just about any other QB in PAC history.

On 6/26/2022 at 9:19 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

Its all about successful risk taking and obviously accuracy. Does he have that at/in game time??? 

What makes great QBs like Brady, Rogers, Fouts, Marriota, Herbert etc....is B_lls!!!😁

On 6/26/2022 at 9:25 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

Anthony Browns numbers weren't all that bad but when you see film of the games that guy missed seeing more open receivers than just about any other QB in PAC history.

Vernon Adams was really good at trusting his WR's to make a play and putting the ball in a spot where they could go get it. 

On the other hand, I was screaming for Lockie to put the ball up and trust his WR's all the time. Lockie averaged half the yards per completion than VA while only completing 3% less of his passes. 

AB missed a TD throw or read every other game! 

Then add in the other reads or missed throws every game.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1