Haywarduck

Ranking The Players

All I know is I would put Dont'e Thornton about 10 spots higher, any other adjustments?

11033994.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Ranking the best 22 players on Oregon's 2022 roster: 12-22

1. Noah Sewell

2. Brandon Dorlus

3. T.J. Bass

4. Christian Gonzalez

5. D.J. Johnson

6. Justin Flowe

7. Alex Forsyth

8. Terrance Ferguson

9. Bradyn Swinson

10. Troy Franklin

11. Bo Nix

25COMMENTS

12. Ryan Walk

13. Byron Cardwell

14. Bennett Williams

15. Jamal Hill

16. Seven McGee

17. Dontae Manning

18. Dont’e Thornton

19. Trikweze Bridges

20. Steven Jones

21. Jeffrey Bassa

22. Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm with you on this: Thornton needs to be quite a bit higher. I suspect by seasons end that he'll be our leading receiver. I really expect to see a Manziel/Evans relationship between Nix and Dont'e.  I would also move 7 McGee up as well...

IMO this ranking is seriously flawed.

Bennet Willims based on his play before he got hurt is #3 for me. He was named the Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week for his play in the Arizona game that he had two picks and nice collection of tackles. Bennet was looking even better than Brady Breeze in making quick reads and coming up hard to make stops in support of the run game. He also had interceptions in multiple games, He was playing on a 1st Team All-Pac level, he was OUTSTANDING. The only other player to win the Defensive Player of the Week last year was Vernon Mckinnley and he ended up 1st team All American. 

I know Lanning had Bridges and Addison running 1st team safeties this spring, but I will be shocked if Bennet isn't starting come game one. They were running Pickett as the #1 at the start of 2019 and he got banged up and Brady Breeze came in. We saw the difference he made as a way more aggressive/hard hitting guy in run support, it was night and day from Picket. 

Call me biased but I love a Breeze/Bennet type safety!

Where is POPO!??!!  He was All Pac, how is this guy leaving All Pac Dudes off this list?

Jamall Hill is getting beat on a crossing route as I type, he is to high.

Thorton is a top 60 rated talent, he is too low.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Love the D!!!

Gotta move Jeffrey Bassa way up

He STARTED as a true freshman due to injury and excelled

I'd move Hill to Saftey or CB in a zone scheme. He's terrible in the slot 

I'd probably move DJ Johnson up a spot or two.... I know it may seem nitpicky and petty but the man is a beast and a completely selfless player. 

Personally I think he could have a season better than anything KT put together the past three years, especially in this new and improved defense. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/29/2022 at 9:03 AM, David Marsh said:

I'd probably move DJ Johnson up a spot or two.... I know it may seem nitpicky and petty but the man is a beast and a completely selfless player. 

Personally I think he could have a season better than anything KT put together the past three years, especially in this new and improved defense. 

So does DL. Unless it's coach speak which I doubt. Says he can be one of the best in the country if he continues to work as hard as he has.