Pennsylvania Duck

What a Merger of the Pac-12 and ACC Might Look Like

Interesting article with LOTS of different options. Goes into much more detail than other articles I have seen.

More for you to ponder.......

AAZkq2i.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

Several format options exist for a bicoastal conference that might save Cal and the remaining Pac-12 teams

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for posting.  Definitely more detail than previous articles I have seen.  Leads one to believe that there is some substance to the discussions of the ACC alliance model.  Could be the emerging solution with one of these options being the next era.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/7/2022 at 7:54 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Thanks for posting.  Definitely more detail than previous articles I have seen.  Leads one to believe that there is some substance to the discussions of the ACC alliance model.  Could be the emerging solution with one of these options being the next era.

That is what I was thinking. I had a tendency to think the ACC was so far away that it's just not possible.

Some of these options could be workable and more attractive than others I've read. I have accepted the fact that big change is inevitable.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like option 5, call it the PACC24!

• Thumbs Up 1

This makes the most sense to me and would be a blast to watch. I really like it. Press hard 3 copies. 

On 7/7/2022 at 5:32 PM, PittDuck said:

I like option 5, call it the PACC24!

Not saying I agree but 4x6 conf ==> 4 team tournament over 2 weeks rotating LA,  Vegas, Mercedes, Jerry, Hard Rock?  Or top seed’s home digs Rd 1 and then Vegas for final. 

Several decent options but I also lean toward #5.  A game against every other division increases visibility (eyeballs) for everyone.

Wonder how the ACC feels about this?