Tandaian

New Oregon Live Journalist With What it is to be a Fan in Oregon Right Now

A moment I’ll never forget: As UCLA sprints onto the field in Corvallis in 1999, a fan in the north end zone bellows for everyone around him, including a kid from the coast attending his first game, to hear: “They think they’ve already won because they have those blue and gold uniforms on.”

YHGMUBYGFJBWVE7RJKX7PRFBUY.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Sports in our state are forever changed.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Thank you.  I had skipped the article when I saw it on Oregon Live.  It would have been my loss if you hadn't brought it to my attention this morning.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really good article 👏 

Yes, the LA teams + the Fuskies think (know really) that they're better than us. They all look down their nose at you. 

But they'll actually do worse out there. Because the sad truth is the rest of the US looks at them, like they do us. Probably just a little more politely. 

It's like when I pull a huge smallmouth bass out of the bowels of the Umpqua River, and as I'm reaching for his lip, my knot (which stinks) gives out and away he goes.

I know what we've lost, and they will too in time.

The PacThen 

Pure disappointment 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for bringing this article over, it was a very enjoyable read, looking forward to reading more from Mr. Oram.

• Thumbs Up 1

What a great read, thanks for sharing...

Agree. What a great read - playing teams that are passionate rivals as opposed to ones who just view you as time zone oddities? What were they thinking?

However, I have to draw the line at Oram’s channeling of Jake Taylor. The idea of a cardboard cutout of Larry Scott being peeled a piece at a time with each Duck victory is beyond horrifying.