Steven A

Coach Love's Love for Lanning and Staff

11054286.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

The 2015 University of Alabama Crimson Tide's football coaching staff looks fictitious on paper. The list of head coaches and...

And quotes from his podcast.

11005980.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Oregon football's strength and conditioning coach Wilson Love sat down with the Autzen Audibles podcast and talked about his...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Wowsa.  This is pretty amazing....

"Without a doubt (this staff is special). That's why we all came here," said Love. "When Coach Lanning put together a staff of incredible people, everybody had options, everybody wanted all these coaches to go to different schools, so it wasn't just Oregon was their only option. He got people that are elite, but the most important thing that he did was he got coaches that care about the kids, and it's real. And that's the best thing about what coach did is get real coaches who want to serve the kids, who want to create greatness for themselves and their families. But more importantly for the players. And what he's created here, and it's pretty incredible. And we're so excited to be part of this chapter."

giphy.gif

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

From top to bottom, elite. Nuff said

Love this,

"I mean, what makes Coach Lanning so elite is he lets his coaches coach. But at the same time, he also gives you a vision, what his vision he thinks for the program should be. And that's the best thing, there's no grey area. So with this job, I know exactly kind of what he wants, and his vision is for this program, and let me know when things are good and bad. And I love that. And I think anybody wants that constructive criticism because at the same time, we all want to be the best, and he wants to be the best too and he lets me be me. And I'm very blessed to have that. But also, I'm so blessed for him to also giving the correct feedback in the vision that I need to be the best that we can be."

The way it should be done in my opinion, exactly how it should be done!

• Thumbs Up 1

How can it get any better than that?  Coming from an assistant coach--Wowsa.  That is one incredible culture Lanning is building!  Something tells me...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks Steven, that was a great article. Love mentioned team pillars. 4 pillars. Does anyone know what each pillar represents?

I also live by four pillars as the head on my home. They are King, Warrior, Mentor and Friend. Found them to be valuable for the health of my team.

I am sure the pillars Love is reffering is different. Would be interesting to hear him talk more in depth on them.