NJDuck

Canzano: Pac-12 Looking For a Friend in Bristol

"It seems ESPN has emerged as the most likely bidder for Pac-12 media rights.  Evidently ESPN is the conference's most intriguing lifeline.  Even if the Pac-12 and ESPN reach an agreement before the end of the 30-day window, they will still have to wait for Fox to either bid or waive rights."

Canzano wonders with the loss of the LA market and the 10 schools funds might be around $30 million per school, if there could be some new and creative ways to recoup the $11.6 million loss per school.

Again, hopefully GK could make it up with other streaming entities?

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

ESPN working on a timeline now.

Edited by NJDuck
  • Great post! 1

Boy....he makes a great case for ESPN and the Pac-10 to work together....and not.  He is bringing great information that we are not receiving from the talking-head "sources."  Did you know I did quite the article on Canzano back-in-the-day?

B-Canzano-FP-300x300-cropped.jpg?p=10778
FISHDUCK.COM

How John Canzano inspired FishDuck (Charles Fischer) to make the fan site, FishDuck.com a santuary for Oregon fans from the cesspool of the usual sports media.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Canzano at times may say a lot of things that we don't want to hear. But, in general I find that he tries to back most of his statements with actual research. His "sources" at times do feel questionable. But, he has proven to be spot on many times. The whole west coast appreciates his criticism and research of Larry Scott.

This piece on ESPN and the Pac12 feels well researched and likely on point.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Better than Kevin Warren’s handshake"

I'm pretty sure that was a spitshake.

• Haha 1

Back when Canzano was with O-Live during the Chip Kelly era he could be a bit tough to stomach but always seemed to be well informed. He certainly had Larry Scott's number early on.

Never. A. Big. Fan. Of. His. Prose. Style. But I've listened to his BFT radio show a fair amount and have enjoyed it.