JDuck

Hayward and Added Seating for World Championships?

Looking everywhere for pics of what Hayward looks like with 25,000 seats...basically doubling to meet the world standard.  Doesn't look like it will fit very well in the north end, curious if anyone has any pics or renditions, I've searched the web and came up blank.  Wish I could just go, what a cool event.  Can't imaging traffic and hotels in Eugene right now.  I've been working in Alaska, hotels in Fairbanks are often in the $600/night range, endless tourists.

• Go Ducks! 1

"Looking everywhere for pics of what Hayward looks like"

At first I thought you wanted to know what Haywarduck looked like, but now I feel obligated to show you what the seating will look like, and it will be 30,000 seating.

10624.png

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2022 at 4:31 PM, JDuck said:

Looking everywhere for pics of what Hayward looks like with 25,000 seats...basically doubling to meet the world standard.  Doesn't look like it will fit very well in the north end, curious if anyone has any pics or renditions, I've searched the web and came up blank.  Wish I could just go, what a cool event.  Can't imaging traffic and hotels in Eugene right now.  I've been working in Alaska, hotels in Fairbanks are often in the $600/night range, endless tourists.

Hi JDuck.  Not sure if this is helpful, but this is the ticket seating for the big event.  Compare the two images.  You can see where the extra seating is at. They seems to be able to add a lot of seating on the one side, but not sure how many seats that really is.  But from what Haywarduck's picture and what mine is showing, they can certainly hold up to 30,000 seats.

image.png.729367e1c1e5d7f9f2b4b7e0de2ef2ff.pngimage.png.1f029c8d4096e0e9da04b6af74610908.png

Edited by NJDuck
  • Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/14/2022 at 2:49 PM, NJDuck said:

Hi JDuck.  Not sure if this is helpful, but this is the ticket seating for the big event.  Compare the two images.  You can see where the extra seating is at. They seems to be able to add a lot of seating on the one side, but not sure how many seats that really is.  But from what Haywarduck's picture and what mine is showing, they can certainly hold up to 30,000 seats.

image.png.729367e1c1e5d7f9f2b4b7e0de2ef2ff.pngimage.png.1f029c8d4096e0e9da04b6af74610908.png

Looks like big bleachers with triple decked areas...a lot of people

I sure hope it is full.The two big meets so far this year have had surprisingly sparse crowds. Covid requirements?

On 7/15/2022 at 8:50 AM, TheRunningDuck said:

I sure hope it is full.The two big meets so far this year have had surprisingly sparse crowds. Covid requirements?

I imagine the global increase in the price of fuel, both gasoline and airline, is a major factor.

In the background you can see the white bleachers they added for the event, between the tower and the huge new scoreboard/video screen.A8F4B287-C383-462A-8F4D-85EA4F765CA5.thumb.png.27bc13754647ff1b0d0e2e416808b428.png

Edited by PittDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1