30Duck

Of Course The Chargers Should Stay With Herbert

Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston, he has asked them to trade him, that makes sense after some of the moves Houston has made. There are a lot of teams that not only would love to have Watson, but need him. The LA Chargers are not one of them. 

From NBC Sports Northwest

See the source image

I have to admit I chuckled reading the headline (headline?) of this topic.

Although I would say, if I were a really diabolical general manager, if Houston wanted to give me the QB, one of their best linemen, a couple good prospects, and maybe the top draft choices over the next couple years, I might make the trade.

But in the end, living down here in California and knowing some football fans who are not Duck fans - people are very high on Herbert. I think the price to trade him away would be much too high.

I agree with George!

Mr. FishDuck

Watson to the Chargers?  Nyet.halfhorse.gif.7e878e2c13dadde65af1af79b60e8cf3.gif

• Haha 2

It is so rare that a team spends a high first round draft pick on a QB and then find out that they actually DID get a franchise QB... that there is no way you could be so mindless as to then trade him away.

6 minutes ago, Jon Sousa said:

that there is no way you could be so mindless as to then trade him away.

Excellent point, and to be fair to the Chargers, this story IS NOT a response to any move, or even a suggestion of the Chargers, showing any inclination, to trading Justin for Watson, or any other QB for that matter. 

Just not going to happen.