Tandaian

Pac-12 Preseason Power Rankings

Not much love for Oregon.

USATSI_17286590-1200x628.jpg
SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Jon Gold and Derek Peterson go back and forth on how to order the Pac-12 heading into fall camp.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oregon will need to make sure they 'EAT CROW' by end of season when we hoist the Pac-12 championship trophy.

Go Ducks, Fly High!

• Mic drop 1

I think the writer who placed us at #4 has a legit concern with Travis Dye leaving.  I have been concerned with that as well.  It's his heart, work ethic, and leadership that will be missing.  The run game is a huge unknown for us.  Better than average talent but yet unproven.  But Bo will light it up against the Pac-12 defenses allowing the run game time to develop ahead of the UCLA- UTAH games.  I am concerned with BYU so early, however.  Crazy schedule in my opinion.   

On 7/28/2022 at 2:02 PM, Pac10again said:

I think the writer who placed us at #4 has a legit concern with Travis Dye leaving.  I have been concerned with that as well.  It's his heart, work ethic, and leadership that will be missing.  The run game is a huge unknown for us.  Better than average talent but yet unproven.  But Bo will light it up against the Pac-12 defenses allowing the run game time to develop ahead of the UCLA- UTAH games.  I am concerned with BYU so early, however.  Crazy schedule in my opinion.   

Yet he played second fiddle to Verdell. Imo, Oregon backs have been mediocre at best the past few years. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

So many of these pundits lack some serious football chops, I take what they say with a grain of salt. It's UTAH and the Ducks by a margin at the top!

Utah will be tough; they have stable system in place the players execute. They have had the BEST DC in the Pac in Scalley, but they have to replace Lloyd and Sewell at inside backer.

They got LB transfer from Florida who has over 150 tackles in 3 years, even if he is good this year, he WONT be 1st round pick Lloyd good! They have guys groomed to replace Sewell but they lack the game snaps and will have to grow. 

They will fall off at inside backer this year, and OSU shredded the backend in the Rose Bowl, so that defense is beatable.

Offense they return the 1000 yard RB and have lots of WR back, but the LOST Covey. That dude made the clutch plays, can they find a guy to step up and give them what Covey did? Utah is solid, but they have some things to figure out.

USC has offense, the defense sucked last year. They got some transfers at LB with Lee from Bama, and Gentry from one of the AZ schools. They got Height from Auburn to play in the edge with Corey Foreman.

The DL still isn't great and depth sucks on the DL and LB. Even if the DC Grinch turns this unit around, they won't be a top 40 defense the way I see it and they have no dudes to plug in if injuries hit them. 

UCLA couldn't beat us with AB throwing bad picks, Mario holding the offense back. They had a 14-0 lead in the first and we pinned our ears back and outscored them 27-3 over the next two periods. UCLA can't carry our Jock in 2022.

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 2