Pennsylvania Duck

Bill Oram: Will Bo Nix’s Play for Oregon Ducks Live Up to the Hype and the Hope?...Good Complement to FishDuck Article Today

A complement piece to DazedNconfused's "Regarding Bo Nix: Beware ‘Bandwagon Buy-In."

See what you think.

ECEZZRAONBAJXBCUWMSKWLJ6RA.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Nix acts and looks the part of Oregon’s starting quarterback. So … is he?

• Thumbs Up 1

“Why would you think about failure?”

Love this quote. I think it represents this entire Ducks progr'm. It not only reflects Nix himself, it also reflects who Dan Lanning and his entire staff is.

I wasn't a big fan of the DnC article. Not that I don't think DnC's points are valid. They are valid and well thought out. I am just more of a cheerleader type in my fanaticisim.

I am looking forward to watching Bo rise to levels nobody is expecting. He has always had the raw talent, now he has a supporting cast to see his dream through. Go Ducks.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Thompson and Butterfield have each thrown three college passes."

Overall an ok article,  but I clearly must be getting old as it sort of bugs me that the Oregonian's new sports columnists doesn't know Thompson has thrown 15 college passes and not 3?

I mean mistakes do clearly happen but it takes what, maybe about 10 to 15 seconds to pull up TT's college numbers at Sports Reference.com and check the fact if you aren't sure?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry if this has already been discussed but is Bill Oram new at the O?  Crepea is still there obviously but is Oram taking JC's place?

On 8/3/2022 at 4:44 PM, Log Haulin said:

“Why would you think about failure?”

Love this quote. I think it represents this entire Ducks progr'm. It not only reflects Nix himself, it also reflects who Dan Lanning and his entire staff is.

I wasn't a big fan of the DnC article. Not that I don't think DnC's points are valid. They are valid and well thought out. I am just more of a cheerleader type in my fanaticisim.

I am looking forward to watching Bo rise to levels nobody is expecting. He has always had the raw talent, now he has a supporting cast to see his dream through. Go Ducks.

I get what you are saying!

My article was just calling balls and strikes as I see them with Bo's career so far. 

I'm with you, I want to see Bo ball out and he has to be the game one starter with all his experience IMO.

I have an article coming out Saturday that digs into the Ducks offense and how Bo could have sucess. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 8/3/2022 at 4:44 PM, AnotherOD said:

"Thompson and Butterfield have each thrown three college passes."

Overall an ok article,  but I clearly must be getting old as it sort of bugs me that the Oregonian's new sports columnists doesn't know Thompson has thrown 15 college passes and not 3?

I mean mistakes do clearly happen but it takes what, maybe about 10 to 15 seconds to pull up TT's college numbers at Sports Reference.com and check the fact if you aren't sure?

Man, it's a rough crowd in here for a writer. haha.. 

No seriously you have a legitimate point! 

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2022 at 5:13 PM, DazeNconfused said:

I get what you are saying!

My article was just calling balls and strikes as I see them with Bo's career so far. 

I'm with you, I want to see Bo ball out and he has to be the game one starter with all his experience IMO.

I have an article coming out Saturday that digs into the Ducks offense and how Bo could have sucess. 

Yea, I found no fault with it. Like you said, balls and strikes. Up to this point in Bo's career, you are over the plate. Time for him to level up. 🤞🤞🤞

I didn't want to sound like I was nitpicking the guy, but I imagine the overall point trying to be made would be to suggest neither TT or JB have any significant college experience?

Which is mostly true, though if memory serves TT played a whole half against Stony Brook, coming into a game that was 17-7 at the time, where he was able to throw 9 passes. So, not exactly a guy who has only had a handful of garbage snaps. I mean close to it, but not exactly.

You're not being overly critical. If the author is telling you something as a fact and you know it's not true, then he's lost come credibility with you. 

I can write an article about Bo Nix and tell you I think the evidence shows that he's not going to play like a 5-star in my opinion

Now if Bo plays like a 5-star then I look stupid for the opinion I gave.

I'd rather look stupid for that than looking like I didn't do my homework or didn't care to get it right. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Overall the talent appears to be in the room. Past is past and cannot be changed or undone. What Bo did at Auburn matters not. What Ty and Jay havent done matters not.

Nothing matters, speculation, anticipation, trepidation, previous stats or lack of stats....

Its time to put up or shut up.......

Preparation and execution to earn the starting job begins Friday. With the only goal to beat Georgia on September 3rd.

At kick off the players will have no 2022 stats and the score will be Dawgs -0- Ducks-0-

So excited to see these Ducks unfold and write their own Duck story. Heres hoping that the 2022 story becomes legendary. If you got one then raise it and drink it down.

Go BN, TT, JB and all the players.

GO DUCKS............

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1