Pennsylvania Duck

New Coach Profiles: Author 'Bets Against this Staff, Roster Have the Chops to Overcome Inexperience to Win Conference Year One'

What say you?

AA10nGJI.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l
WWW.MSN.COM

Ducks bet big on coaching potential

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck

Time will tell and Im banking on it.

Washington has run this course and the Jimmy Lake era failed...Someone will stick their foot in their mouth to the media, air dirty laundry in public, or get into a spat with a player.

Huh?? Why the premise that we'll go down the same path as Washington??  Maybe I missed the National Championship winning DC position on Jimmy Lake's resume??  Good Grief Charlie Brown.  This article reminds me of silly putty  - quite a stretch.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 8/6/2022 at 3:18 PM, olcodgerduck said:

Huh?? Why the premise that we'll go down the same path as Washington?? 

These guys have been doing profiles of new coaches in the PAC-12 and we just happen to follow UW. I think that was why the reference was made. The Oregon coaches actually start on the second paragraph.

Edited by Pennsylvania Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well this person seemed to be able to mention in a short article everything that could possibly go wrong and didn't seem as interested in looking for what could go right. I expect more things will go right with this staff than wrong.

Will coach make a few rookie mistakes. Sure. Will they be worse than the glaring game mismanagement of no O Mari...? I double it. 

And I expect there will be a bit more passion for the whole season than last year too. 

On 8/6/2022 at 12:18 PM, olcodgerduck said:

Huh?? Why the premise that we'll go down the same path as Washington?? 

Wow. If a writer ever made a case for removing his dead weight and giving up his chair to someone who knows how to research an issue, this is it.

Lake was a homey. He walked in the door pre-ordained for success by that unbelievably delusional Seattle media and fan base. We actually got a lil whiff of that with Mark. To be fair, the guy never had a chance. It was a failure set-up from the get go - which I’m fine with!

Lanning may be riding a wave of optimism, but he knows what’s sitting right behind that. He knows he’s new, and will have to prove his head coaching chops. Unlike Lake though, Dan’s confidence was built on the solid foundation of having been through the meat grinder of a championship season and coming out a winner.

Edited by Washington Waddler
word choice
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Might want to ask Saban who would make the better head coach. Dan Lanning or Jimmy who?

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

"This coaching staff will make mistakes. Someone will stick their foot in their mouth to the media, air dirty laundry in public, or get into a spat with a player."

Duh, you can say that about every staff in the country, that at least one coach out of 19 (head coach, nine assistant coaches, and four graduate assistants are all permitted to work with players on a daily basis under NCAA rules and five strength and conditioning coaches) will make a mistake.

• Thumbs Up 1