Pennsylvania Duck

NIL Money is Trickling Down to High School Athletes

Woah...This is already happening! Fresh off the FishDuck Feed, this article tells how all the athletes on the powerhouse St. John Bosco High School football team in Southern California are able to benefit off NIL. The Ducks have recruited players from there often.

According to Brian Wickstrom, who is now St. John Bosco’s president and CEO. “I don’t think this is a one-time thing. What this will do is you’ll start to see other high schools having opportunities to have similar types of agreements, I think.”

What do you think of this? Did you think NIL would reach into the high school level? Is this precedent good for high school kids? As a parent, do you approve of this for your kid?

WWW.MSN.COM

If there was any doubt that college athletes capitalizing on name, image and likeness rights would trickle down to high school, it...

I don't like it, but I understand why.  Many of those athletes need some help, but boy--this sure opens up Pandora's box further.

Mr. FishDuck

John Bosco is a private school with tuition of $15,000 per year.  The inequality between private and public schools athletic teams will grow even wider as the NIL money flows to schools with wealthier parents.  The sad part is the public school athletes with the greatest need probably won't get any benefits.

I wonder how long until there’s an NIL dating website to match up athletic parents. In the world of ridiculous, you go big or go home.

I think this probably depends on the state. I don't think the state of Oregon is going to attract much NIL for high schoolers. Just not a whole lot of football talent. 

Texas though ... Yeah the state of Texas could see loads of NIL for high school. 

Totally out of hand, to say the least.