Pennsylvania Duck

Zachary Neel: All-Time Offense--Starters and Backups

Do you agree? Who would you have on your All-Time Offense?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

See which legends made the cut in our all-time Oregon football roster, starting with the offensive starters and backups.

La Mike #2, come on, and no mention of Russ Francis at TE, do your homework. Penei didn't really play that many games at Oregon either, but talent is talent.

I would also put J-stew up at number 2 behind LaMike, his recruitment was part of the wall falling down on highly rated recruits coming to Oregon. Ngata was a massive signing, but J-stew also broke the ceiling on elite talent coming to Oregon, and he was from Washington, particularly nice get.

Six alumni are in the NFL Hall of Fame, another performed well enough to be the #1 pick in the NFL draft.  Only one qualified for a top two place at Oregon?  Somebody needs to do their research.  

• Applause 1

I'm okay with the QB's, but I'd have LaMike and J-Stew as well at RB. WR? I'd have Bobby Moore, (Ahmad Rashad), Jeff Maehl and Parker, with Howry and Huff at back-up. TE, how is Francis not mentioned?

On 8/22/2022 at 1:20 PM, 30Duck said:

I'm okay with the QB's, but I'd have LaMike and J-Stew as well at RB. WR? I'd have Bobby Moore, (Ahmad Rashad), Jeff Maehl and Parker, with Howry and Huff at back-up. TE, how is Francis not mentioned?

Bobby Moore played running back at Oregon. He would have been a great college wide receiver however. 

For consideration: 

Max Unger - Center

Kyle Long - any, short career here but dominant

Personal Foul (Jake) Fisher - Tackle

Herbert - QB - he'll end up Oregons greatest QB

Damon Griffin - WR - personal favorite 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/22/2022 at 1:24 PM, Just Ducky said:

Bobby Moore played running back at Oregon. He would have been a great college wide receiver however. 

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

At Oregon, Moore played wide receiver and wingback as a sophomore in 1969 and made the all-conference team.[12] He moved to running back, where he was an All-America in 1971 

• Thumbs Up 1

Everybody needs to keep in mind that these rankings were likely based on their performances at Oregon. That is why you don’t see Herbert. He only ever made honorable mention All Pac-12.  Also, Russ Francis only played a little more than one season in Eugene with no all-conference honors and Dan Fouts’ TD/INT ratio for his career was 37/54.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Nothing against our receivers, but I would put Kenny Wheaton somewhere on the receiver list.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bobby Moore?  Dan Fouts?  DAT?  Jonathan Stewart?  C’mon!

On 8/22/2022 at 12:40 PM, Haywarduck said:

La Mike #2, come on, and no mention of Russ Francis at TE, do your homework. Penei didn't really play that many games at Oregon either, but talent is talent.

I would also put J-stew up at number 2 behind LaMike, his recruitment was part of the wall falling down on highly rated recruits coming to Oregon. Ngata was a massive signing, but J-stew also broke the ceiling on elite talent coming to Oregon, and he was from Washington, particularly nice get.

Runningbaxk felt lazy to me. 

Yes, Freeman has the most yards in Oregon history but he also played 4 years and in year four Taggart didn't have a QB for a good half the season so he just fed Freeman the ball. Not knocking it but it's the way it was. 

La'Mike No. 1 period. He did more in three years than anyone else. 

Yes there is also the argument of James being in the right place in the right time as the Kelly hurry-up offense helped James out a lot... But I'm still going with my previous argument. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I suppose we could ask who is the all-time great without just looking at who leads in statistic totals. Marcus crushes all the boxes, but just about every qb on that list I would love to see lined up behind center in two weeks. I look forward to seeing another added to that list.

Agree DAT is an all-time great, who would you put ahead of him in space with the ball in his hands? Also agree Bobby Moore should be all-time in a couple of positions. 

I still remember being down on the field collecting chin straps and seeing those guys up close. Bobby Moore, and Dan Fouts where, well, legendary Ducks! I think I was about 3' tall at the time.