Charles Fischer

Don't Knock the Huskies, Because THEY PARTICIPATED!

I love the ingenuity of some Duck fans out there....

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Someone needed to be there to lose. 

So good on them for that. 

• Haha 1

And I'm also sure they would have participated in that 1990 shared national championship they are so proud of. 

• Haha 1

Quotes from Huskies....and I can't make this stuff up!

"Oregon with Knight reminds me of the town in High Plains Drifter with Clint Eastwood. He just takes over and makes his own rules because they all fear they can’t survive without him. I can picture Knight watching that movie and imagining he’s Clint Eastwood."

"Oregon getting an invite and the UW being left behind is my biggest fear in regards to the B1G."

"Heck, if I was B1G inviting schools into my conference, I'd invite Utah 100x's faster than I would Oregon. And that really has little to do with my distain for Phil/Oregon. I just think Utah is a MUCH better fit."

giphy.gif

"UW is a better sports university not to mention academics, than some of the current schools in both the B1G and the SEC."

"Oregon is very nervous because the only thing they have going for them is they are slightly above average in sports. What else do they have to offer a super conference, their uniforms? They better get out there and try and sell that "what else" to the B1G and they better do it often."

"I just don't think the B1G would take Oregon over Cal. The ONLY thing Oregon has going for them is what Phil Knight/Nike created, and I don't see ANYONE wanting to willingly jump in bed with Phil Knight/Nike/Oregon if they don't have to."

Good gosh, I can darn near taste their bitter-bile in my mouth!

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think it all comes down to what the B1G wants out of their additions. 

If they want a school with athletics programs that can compete, then Oregon is the pick. Oregon invests in sports at a high level and when it comes to the two big revenue generators, football and men's basketball, Oregon is able to compete. Oregon proved they can compete by taking out Ohio State in their own house. 

If they want a program that is there to get their butt kicked in a regular basis take Washington. 

On 8/24/2022 at 9:10 PM, David Marsh said:

I think it all comes down to what the B1G wants out of their additions. 

If they want a school with athletics programs that can compete, then Oregon is the pick. Oregon invests in sports at a high level and when it comes to the two big revenue generators, football and men's basketball, Oregon is able to compete. Oregon proved they can compete by taking out Ohio State in their own house. 

If they want a program that is there to get their butt licked in a regular basis take Washington. 

FIFY...

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2022 at 8:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Nice

That's some real 2008 energy there!

Huck the Fuskies 

On 8/24/2022 at 8:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Ok I literally laughed out loud at that one, haha

On 8/24/2022 at 10:30 PM, Charles Fischer said:

"Oregon getting an invite and the UW being left behind is my biggest fear in regards to the B1G."

laugh-ron-burgundy.gif