FishDuck Article

College Football Returns with a Flash? No, a Flush

My FishDuck Friends, today marks the beginning of a new writer at FishDuck, Alan Lohner, who has created an epic article in his first work. It will make you laugh, and it will make you wince, (did he really write that?) and I believe the quality is so high that I personally will want to refer to it again. Thus I will be creating a section for his articles in the FishDuck Repository of Articles for us to be able to read them again and link them to others. 

Today is a dandy...  (Charles)

FISHDUCK.COM

Is college football going down the drain? From the looks of today's 11 flushable games, it well could be, if only temporarily. This is officially...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Wonderful tongue in cheek satire, thanks Alan!

I loved the well scoreboard and meaningful pictures, but spit up my coffee at “The University of Snakes & Cretins and the University of Clueless Lunatics & Addicts 

Thank you for jump starting my Saturday!  Go Ducks!  

I write this while sitting at Reagan International, sitting across the aisle from a glowering Husky fan who must be jealous of the magnificent “O” on my shirt compared to the pitiful purple “w” on his windbreaker.😎

• Thumbs Up 3

What a fun read to start the day! There is so much to pick up in between the lines, I'll read it a second time to make sure I didn't miss anything! Great piece to ponder.

Kudos for a wonderful spoof on those backstabbers from LA.  I enjoyed every well deserved burn!

Thanks Alan!

One thing is for sure. Every pack 1# Opponent will give the two Brat schools from la their best effort this year because of the lack of respect they have shown the other universities this off season. I see games loaded with personal fouls and pokes in the eyes from teams tired of coddling these spoiled Brats.

usc May win some games this season but the cost of doing so could be high on the attrition meter. For a team with not much depth, this season may not go well. There are a lot of good football players in the pack that can’t wait to get a shot at these traitors and we will see how generous the pack officials will be with flags in the process.

Might be fun to watch the coaches from the Brat schools getting tossed from games from screaming at those horrible pack officials that they have been getting away with for years. I recall a game I attended at Autzen several years ago and Pete Carrol spent most of the game, Which he lost by the way, 5 to seven yards on the field yelling at the officials and never penalized once for it. Bet that won’t happen any more.😀

Go 🦆🦆🦆s

Saturday GameDays are special enough, but now we will have the anticipation of Saturday mornings to read Alan's Saturday Spoofs! They will make the season that much more fun, and we are all grateful he is sharing his skills with us. Truly an epic article today, and one emotion I did not anticipate coming from an article from Alan is anger. He tapped into our feelings superbly about the Trojans, explained them as so few could.

Thank you Alan.

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks Alan.

"You don’t expect integrity from anyone at USC, do you?"

Other than "usc has no integrity", is about the only other way to have both words in the same sentence.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Alan for this wonderful spoof expressing what we all feel towards USC.   The Pac-12 has been carrying their dead carcass around for the last 15 years.  USC has done nothing but blocked anything the Pac-12 was, in a half hazard way, trying to do to bring success to the conference.

Let's face it.  If USC and UCLA was not stationed in the LA market would the BIG Ten give them the time of day?  Maybe not. 

This decision has forced the rest of the schools in the Pac-12 figuring out what is the best move for their university.  According to this analysis, which has been already stated, Oregon would be consider a tier 1 fit to possibly be invited to the Big Ten.  Especially if BIG Ten needs to form a Pacific division along with Washington, Stanford and maybe Cal to join USC and UCLA. 

FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

Which schools should the Big Ten poach next?

Et tu, Carol? It's hard to look at her words and actions and see anything else than a snake and that feckless foursome, Marc Kulkin, Chris Arledge, Erik McKinney, and Greg Katz? Can we be surprised by the collective drivel? USC, right now, before any games have been played is where they love to be, in the spotlight. Imagine the squeals of delight after they cover against Rice!

I just received some hate-mail about this article...directed at me as a publisher and Oregon fan.  It not from an Oregon fan, so Alan's epic article cut deep.

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/27/2022 at 2:05 AM, FishDuck Article said:

My FishDuck Friends, today marks the beginning of a new writer at FishDuck, Alan Lohner, who has created an epic article in his first work. 

Today is a dandy...  (Charles)

CK.

Now THIS is my kind of writing.  

I never really thought about it before but there may be 1 good benefit to seeing SC & ucla move off into the sunrise - East to the Big 10/14/16 or whatever it is they're morphing into:  Maybe, (just maybe) Oregon If the stay put in this conference (please, please) won't have to soil themselves with more games in the 'coliseum'.  I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing either SC or ucla off the Duck schedule permanently.  

Fun article to read.  Welcome aboard Mr. Lohner!