olcodgerduck

What Are You Looking For?

...in tomorrow's contest?

The first 2 games have really been outliers.

The Georgia game - playing possibly the best team in the country with a brand new everything - Coaches, Staff, New Offence, New Defense, New guys in new positions, etc... And we get blown out.

The Eastern Washington we show out and do everything we should do to a team - almost a half mile of total offence, strong performances by both offensive and defensive lines. A total domination from beginning to end.

Where does that leave us and what are we now looking for?  I posit that in real life our Ducks are in between those 2 extremes.  

As much as I want the win, I think I am looking for something more.  I want to see us be competitive.  I want to see guys playing their hearts out.  I want to see us deliver a strong competitive performance that win, lose or draw we can collectively see improvement on all fronts - from coaching decisions, to who makes the big plays, to who delivers a strong blue collar performance by dominating their position (whatever that is).  Realizing it's a mantra from the past, I want to see Fast, Hard, Finish!

That's what I'm looking for.

What are you looking for?

Go Ducks!!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Home game---If the Ducks have 80% of the talent we think they have and play with intensity and huge effort then a WIN is what Im looking for. Beyond that its one game at at a time.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:11 AM, olcodgerduck said:

...in tomorrow's contest? 

As much as I want the win, I think I am looking for something more.  I want to see us be competitive. 

Go Ducks!!

Dittos.  This game will be the true indicator of where this season is going and where the Ducks really are.  

I agree with former Duck Dino Philyaw (his interview on KPNW radio this morning) that the Georgia game, scheduled before anyone knew Cristobal and his coaching staff such were leaving was an unfair matchup which caught the Ducks in the worst situation possible for a 1st game - on the road - National Champions.

This game will really tell players, coaches and fans how this team is coming together and going to do, going forward.  A loss won't be devastating, as long as the loss is a close one that could go either way.  A win could propel the Ducks forward with a lot of momentum 

• Go Ducks! 1

I want to see the D look cohesive with LB flying to the ball and putting pressure on the QB with creative blitzes. DB's playing close to the line with Safety's providing over the top protection and LBs jumping the inside routes.

From the O I would like to see Bo not stare down the receiver he's about to throw the ball too. Take care of the ball and continue to be creative.

• Go Ducks! 1

You never want a coach or team to face a tough situation, but when it happens the coach, and team define themselves. 

I think we may see a tough situation tomorrow, and we just might see somebody, Nix(?) define themselves.

Back when CK had Blount punch a player in the first game, his decision and process with that situation defined himself to his team. CK had control of the program, and even kept command of Colt until CK left. 

It may not happen, but tomorrow just might be a game where the old Oregon magic happens again, and somebody snatches a win from defeats doorstep.

I want to see something happen to rival the pick, or a Joey moment picks this team up and makes them realize anything is possible this season, and under Dan Lanning. Is that too much to ask? Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:11 AM, olcodgerduck said:

As much as I want the win, I think I am looking for something more.  I want to see us be competitive.  I want to see guys playing their hearts out

Precisely. I want to see Gang Green, actually I want to see the Kamikaze Kids football version. A swagger that tells BYU that they are going to be punished every minute they're on the field. When the BYU QB looks over the defense, I want him to feel the stares back at him. 

Forget second effort, the Ducks will be showing 3rd and 4th. Want to try a pass over the middle? After the first one none of the receivers will want to try that again. Running game? Fuggetta bout it, 

After the game Coach Lanning will meet the BYU Coach, extend his hand, "Good game" he'll say and smile. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/16/2022 at 9:01 AM, 30Duck said:

Precisely. I want to see Gang Green 

After the game Coach Lanning will meet the BYU Coach, extend his hand, "Good game" he'll say and smile. 

Let's hope it is a good game and the Ducks, if they don't win this, were in it... all the way to the end.  GO DUCKS!

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/16/2022 at 9:05 AM, Mic said:

Let's hope it is a good game and the Ducks, if they don't win this, were in it... all the way to the end.  GO DUCKS!

If they dont win it its because THEY weren't in it.

BYU recruiting ranks in the 70s over the last 4 years

Edited by 1Ducker1
  • Go Ducks! 1

I want to see Oregon's talent to show out. We have the talent advantage and I want that to be clear in the final score. 

I also feel like we shouldn't have a Cristobal era type win where we just win by one score and a last minute defensive stand to win the game. I want to see Lanning play to win this game and Oregon win by at least two scores. I know that is easier said than done but we have the talent and I want to see it work and Oregon's culture take hold.

• Go Ducks! 1

On offense:

1. - Bo Nix to continue playing within the offense and with patience.
  2. - A running back to show up and separate himself from the pack.

On defense:

1. - DL/LBs to make an impact and start invading the pocket with better frequency.
  2. - Continue improving on tackling.

*Note to Charles* Maybe it's just my Chrome browser but it looks bullet and numbered lists aren't working properly.

Edited by kirklandduck
  • Go Ducks! 1