FishDuck Article

Lanning Takes Ducks From Top-25 Beatdowns to Blowouts

We all remember the end of the Mario Cristobal Era. A promising season went off the rails with three blowout losses against AP Top-25 teams in the last four games. Even worse the second Utah loss appeared to show the coaching staff as unable to make adjustments, and lacking in the ability to coach our players up. Simply put; Our ...

FISHDUCK.COM

We all remember the end of the Mario Cristobal Era. A promising season went off the rails with three blowout losses against AP Top-25 teams...
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

"Lanning is also playing the entire two deep on the depth chart, and this is giving all players the game experience to develop. This short-term sacrifice by Lanning is creating quality depth that will pay off as the season progresses, and when the current non-starting, but experienced players move into a starting roles next year."

Excellent observation DazeNconfused!  Last night I rewatched the BYU game. I had the time to hear many backups make plays.  That didn't click until reading your article this morning.

I was also able to rewind and stop the action to note the different formations, count defenders, and see how brilliantly Dillingham is setting up the Offense to have advantages!

Every staff member is an improvement in a short time.  And because they all seem to be good teachers, improvement during the season will continue.  

• Go Ducks! 1

DNc, that was the best article you have produced so far in your short writing career.  I can't find anything to push back on. Maybe one of the best articles I have ever read. 

"I just beat him with my guys, think what I could do with his guys"~Mike Leach

I think we are finding out just how true a statement that Leach quote is. 

I mentioned earlier in the week the timing of Lanning's QB switch last week. It was a score early. Everyone, including Lanning knew it.

Was it a coaching blunder? Perhaps partially.  I saw it at the time as DL trying to get his young QB into the game under a little more pressure, a little more meaningful snaps.

He jumped the gun a bit to develop Ty in meaningful teaching moments. The sacrifice was a couple touchdowns. Good trade in my opinion.

That decision by DL to sub Ty was glaring evidence of how teaching and development is a top priority. Not just at the QB position. And its paying dividends across the entirety of this team

Just about everything you touched on, DNc, was what I would ponder at work all week. I touched on some in comments through the week.

You managed to pack it all together in a relatively short article. A ton was said in few words. Well done. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I agree with all of the praise given to DZC, considering that he wrote that article while laying on his back! What a passion for Our Beloved Ducks!

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks guys. I already strongly feel if our Lanning's Ducks played Utah that it would be an entirely different game than the last two matchup's. 

And to think he is still learning and getting better.

I am still waiting to see how he deals with a real crisis, not just the one he help create with Ty taking over early, and a momentum swing to the opponent. In that one he looked like he enjoyed it, not a problem, I got this.

The one problem is at this rate all the coaches will be up for some big raises, and offers from other programs. One day at a time.