aheining

Which Former Duck Would Save the Fiesta Bowl?

Hello my FishDuck Friends,

This is an extension post for the discussion of which former Duck in the past 20 years could save the Fiesta Bowl and guarantee an Oregon victory over the Cyclones.

It may seem like a lot to ask of one player, but once you give it some time, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Here's a link to the article from today. 

Go Ducks!

As good as Buckner is....there is only one defensive lineman better who would require double and triple teams these days, and that is Haloti Ngata.  He was a true freak of nature, and such a good person as well.

Haloti Ngata.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Darron Thomas, without a doubt. Our defense is already better then it ever has been, our offense not so much. Darron is one of the most unrecognized best players the Ducks ever had at QB.

His stats are here

440px-DarronThomas.jpg

Okay, Charles actually took the player I was thinking of, I already said I wanted a DT to show up in the transfer portal topic, and if Ngata could show up for the Fiesta Bowl?

So, I thought who else is there that could really fill a need? Could really make an impact? One player immediately came to mind, and it was from just last year! Brady Breeze!
 With Breeze it wouldn't have to be a player coming back, he just wouldn't have left. His two game stretch of Pac-12 Championship & Rose Bowl is one of the most dominating any Duck has ever had. Not only did he make play after play, he just wasn't going to let the Ducks lose!

Not sure how this new system is working, but posted this the old way and seems the discussion is going on here now. 

One word, Ngata! Try to kick a field goal blocked (7), block with one guy doesn’t work, run against stuffed, could cover a TE, quietly made everyone better, a lot better at 6′ 5″ 340lbs, and ran a 5.1 40. In 2005, Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year, First team All-American, and I would have given him the Heisman.

a4f0c91af371065af22df6b6340e432f.jpg.8b70065372d946c43ab4b4795d688f38.jpgPretty much what happened to any one man who tried to block him.

I will post on both sites. Mariota running this offense would simply outscore opponents. That allows Avalos to be more aggressive with his defense. Watching one of the best college QB’s to ever play the game was always worth the price of admission. 

I was torn between Marcus and LaMichael. I ultimately decided on LaMike, as this team needs a running back that can break the game open.