shawnski

Stra-tee-gery

One thing I've noticed this year with Lanning that Mario and others refused to do:

When the Ducks are on D, and the offense substitutes, he runs on different defenders and the refs hold the O from snapping the ball as they get on the field.

This disrupts the offense and runs the play clock down so they can't adjust to our defense.

I've been yelling for years for Oregon to do this but they wouldn't. 

I think Lanning is doing it as a strategy.

What say you? 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, shawnski said:

One thing I've noticed this year with Lanning that Mario and others refused to do:

When the Ducks are on D, and the offense substitutes, he runs on different defenders and the refs hold the O from snapping the ball as they get on the field.

This disrupts the offense and runs the play clock down so they can't adjust to our defense.

I've been yelling for years for Oregon to do this but they wouldn't. 

I think Lanning is doing it as a strategy.

What say you? 

Yes. Absolutely. I have hated it when other teams did it to us, but I do like it when we do it.

Lanning is a smart guy.

Great catch

Definitely a strategy. If the opposing team waits too long to sub you can get them to burn a time out or get a delay of game. 

I honestly find it all frustrating but if it's legal use it.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, shawnski said:

What say you? 

I believe Lanning and Lupoi are making their own adjustments to what the opponent is showing.  It would be foolish not to take advantage of the opportunity to do so.  This is a chess game between O.C. & D.C., HC & HC.  Finally Oregon has some coaches who know how to play the game.

• Thumbs Up 1