Pennsylvania Duck

Individual Grades for Stanford Game--No.1 May Surprise You

Ranking Oregon's top 10 players in win vs. Stanford according to PFF grades

The Stanford win was a great team effort but this article looks at individual performance. 

The player ranking No. 1 may come as a surprise, but he has definitely been showing

improvement each week. Check out who it is and are you surprised by any of the rankings?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

No surprise after that game, a majority of Oregon’s top-10 performers come from the defense, with a first-time player in the No. 1 spot.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2022 at 11:37 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Ranking Oregon's top 10 players in win vs. Stanford according to PFF grades

The Stanford win was a great team effort but this article looks at individual performance. 

The player ranking No. 1 may come as a surprise, but he has definitely been showing

improvement each week. Check out who it is and are you surprised by any of the rankings?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

No surprise after that game, a majority of Oregon’s top-10 performers come from the defense, with a first-time player in the No. 1 spot.

This doesn't wash with me because of one very important reason:  Total snaps played.  Example: #3:  RT Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu — 75.5,

#1: CB Jahlil Florence — 87.7.  Florence played 15 snaps.    Aumavae-Laulu played 65 snaps!

Last week's USA Today top 10 Ducks rankings seemed way off base as well (e.g., they ranked Nix 6th...and he's not even on this list).  I have no idea what criteria they use to calculate those numbers--maybe things like posture and manners?

I know the coaches give the players scores for every game.  I would be extremely interested to see those, these not so much.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2022 at 12:23 PM, CountryProf said:

Last week's USA Today top 10 Ducks rankings seemed way off base as well (e.g., they ranked Nix 6th...and he's not even on this list).  I have no idea what criteria they use to calculate those numbers--maybe things like posture and manners?

More likely some heavy lifting (politicking) by the various AD's and certain 'esteemed' members of the Press.  Bo left Auburn.  He probably made more enemies with that move than we'll ever know. 

6 were on defensive side. Our D is getting better.