Charles Fischer

Offense Averaging Nearly 50 POINTS PER GAME Since Georgia?

It is true.  While we are averaging 42 points per game for the season...the five games since Georgia of 70,41,44,45,and 49 bring us to an average of 49.8 points per game!  So we have an offense that is a Chip Kelly Redux, to face CK and we will need that offensive firepower to win that game.

My friends, I hope this time around that people truly savor what is going on.  At times I sensed that people took it for granted when we scored an average of 45 points a game for four years in a row, and I know that I am soaking this up while it it happening.

So fun to watch, so interesting to break down and analyze.  So very special...

Noah Whittington by Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, Charles Fischer said:

It is true.  While we are averaging 42 points per game for the season...the five games since Georgia of 70,41,44,45,and 49 bring us to an average of 49.8 points per game!  So we have an offense that is a Chip Kelly Redux, to face CK and we will need that offensive firepower to win that game.

My friends, I hope this time around that people truly savor what is going on.  At times I sensed that people took it for granted when we scored an average of 45 points a game for four years in a row, and I know that I am soaking this up while it it happening.

So fun to watch, so interesting to break down and analyze.  So very special...

Noah Whittington by Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

While I think Lanning is dead-right in saying "this isn't the same team" as then (or after any week) I still say we haven't played a team anywhere (defense-wise) like Georgia. Although... I think right now the Ducks could scare the bejezzes out of anyone right now, including the Bulldogs.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

This is true...

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon offense is operating at a level we haven't seen since the days of Marcus Mariota, and it was on full display Saturday night at Arizona Stadium in Tucson. The

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

I was in awe of what I saw from Oregon v. Az. I know Az D is weak but they are still power 5 players. Oregon made them look high-school. 

Another good article, Charles and it sums things up pretty well.  I take one quote from this as an illustration on what DL & KD have instilled in this team:

"I feel like I didn't even know we were scoring on that many possessions in a row, it was just 'okay, what's next," said starting center Alex Forsyth."

That's: focus.  They have the Ducks so focused on what they're to do, how they're to do it and why that those matters have taken over everything else.  

We also saw it on the way Kris Hutson nixed (pun intended) the after-catch celebration on that long bomb from Nix to the 1-yd line, the 'thumb's-up immediately after the big catch over the middle by... Franklin (?) and Cota's fantastic over-the-shoulder snatch at the sideline followed by an immediate return to the huddle without any fanfare.

Very nice and refreshing to see.

• Applause 1

On 10/9/2022 at 10:34 AM, Mic said:

That's: focus.  They have the Ducks so focused on what they're to do, how they're to do it and why that those matters have taken over everything else.

I could not agree more. 

This team shows discipline that we haven’t seen in a long time. 

Penalties were cleaned up in 1 week. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2022 at 10:34 AM, Log Haulin said:

I was in awe of what I saw from Oregon v. Az. I know Az D is weak but they are still power 5 players. Oregon made them look high-school. 

In relation to what i answered Charles with above I am now realizing another reason why I like the hurry-up, tempo offenses (by any team but O esp.). And that's because to execute this, the players can't dance around, twirl and spin and generally draw attention to themselves as if they and they alone just made a big play.

One team looked almost professional in its approach, the other very amateurish.  

• Like 1