The Kamikaze Kid

5 Star Priorities: Be the Man or Share the Rock?

This offense has gone to extremely awesome in a hurry. We have a great QB handing off to great running backs or passing to great receivers or great tight ends all being protected by a great line.

It makes me wonder, if you were a 5 star recruit, would you prefer being the man and getting the lion's share of the snaps or would you prefer sharing the load with other awesome players at your position. Being the man gets you a boat load of stats and highlights but sharing the rock cuts way down on wear and tear and potential injuries.

If pro ball is my end game, I think I'd prefer less wear and tear, get enough highlights to get NFL attention and take fewer snaps on a star studded team. Thoughts?

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2022 at 10:46 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

This offense has gone to extremely awesome in a hurry. We have a great QB handing off to great running backs or passing to great receivers or great tight ends all being protected by a great line.

It makes me wonder, if you were a 5 star recruit, would you prefer being the man and getting the lion's share of the snaps or would you prefer sharing the load with other awesome players at your position. Being the man gets you a boat load of stats and highlights but sharing the rock cuts way down on wear and tear and potential injuries.

If pro ball is my end game, I think I'd prefer less wear and tear, get enough highlights to get NFL attention and take fewer snaps on a star studded team. Thoughts?

Great players make great players great players. Look at the amount of Bulldawgs drafted last year.

Even with fewer individual highlights I think exceptional team play gets noticed and put at a higher premium from NFL.

Perform well in the combine and cash the check.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2022 at 10:59 AM, Log Haulin said:

Perform well in the combine and cash the check.

No need to wait that long, perform well on the field and cash the NIL check.

On 10/9/2022 at 10:46 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Perhaps, but I think the in-born competitive spirit in Nix is too strong to want to sit until the victory is assured.  

Hey!  You know what?  This could explain what's wrong with Ty Thompson (if anything is).  Maybe he lacks that same competitive spirit just oozing out of Bo Nix.  He never looks like he's glad to be in the game.

• Like 1