Haywarduck

How Big is The Game To Chip?

UCLA is 1-9 in the last ten games against the Ducks. Chip Kelly has never beaten the Ducks. How big do you think this game is to Chip Kelly?

I would say this is a massive game for a guy who has the ego Chip has. Nothing could be bigger than going to Autzen and beating the Ducks, especially now.

The guys team is ranked 10th. He is finally getting some respect again, and his old program could knock him off that pedestal. Last time he fell off, or jumped off the pedestal, drunk from success. 

10 years ago he chose to leave Oregon close to the top of the college football world with the intention of continuing that success in the NFL. He was fired, fired again, and has struggled for the last 4 years.

He has 8 awards for coaching, all of them came while he was at Oregon. 

The guy who wants to win this game more than anyone on either sideline is none other than Chip Kelly.

Ironically the guy who will probably win this game is just focused on winning the day.

Chip is going to put his brilliant football mind fully to work for this game. Ducks’ coaches need to be prepared for team weaknesses to be fully exploited, as I agree that Chip will be heavily invested in this game. 

My Game Day sign would read “BLOCK OFF THE OLD CHIP”. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, Haywarduck said:

The guy who wants to win this game more than anyone on either sideline is none other than Chip Kelly.

I agree. That is why I feel it is imperative that we (the Autzen faithful) need to do our part. Get LOUD! Yell "O"! Anything we can to help our players create havoc.

We need to remind Chip of what he chose to leave and make him question that decision all day long.

Edited by DUCati855
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, Haywarduck said:

Isn't Chip, 'faceless opponent' guy?

• Haha 1

Someone will tell Chip how stingy Oregon's run defense is and he will run between the tackles all game. 

• Haha 1

How can it not be. He is very competitive. We stand in his way for his and his team's goals. I was sad to see him leave.

I'm sure he has had mixed emotions until getting to UCLA. With his philosophy of life im sure he is now thinking about how to win the game. Nothing more nothing less. 

• Let’s hope! 1