FishDuck Article

The Big Ten is Getting Ready for USC and UCLA

No game opponent to spoof today, but don't worry!  Alan Lohner writes a fitting account for those traitors  from down south!

FISHDUCK.COM

So they're scumbagging their way to the Big Ten–those two toxic Angelenos, the University of Scuzzy Criminals and the University of...
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Ann Arbor is a toilet without a flush handle.

🤣😂 What a great article. I’m a scale of 1 to 10 it’s a decuple+.

Edited by lownslowav8r
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Alan, I love the alliteration!  Thanks for another entertaining article.

"Losers, Losers Everywhere
If the where of the Big Ten is nowhere, the what of this woebegone conference is worse."

• Thanks 1

Another great piece from inside the bizarre mind of Alan.  Many thanks for always picking up my mornings, Alan.  Really funny stuff, filled with guffaws.  And the coffee in my sinuses will be great to drink later.

I do take exception with one comment, however.  You have besmirched the good name of the U.S. Marine Corp by tying them to Martin Jarmond.  Instead of "Jarhead, I actually prefer the more descriptive "Jarmount".  But this may not be a G-rated appellation. 

• Thanks 1

I fully agree that the LA schools did the PAC 12 dirty with the way they choose to exit the conference.  I fully enjoy the Fishduck site along with critical thinking articles that have the ability to make their points while avoiding negative tone. 

• Thanks 1

Alan: Hit the nail on the head once again...

Another epic contribution...Whew!

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great read.  

I am afraid though , the PAC will not be the same without those teams.  I  am trying balance a positive outlook with reality.   But them leaving feels like a death blow to the PAC.  

On 10/15/2022 at 11:18 AM, debbieduck said:

Great read.  

I am afraid though , the PAC will not be the same without those teams.  I  am trying balance a positive outlook with reality.   But them leaving feels like a death blow to the PAC.  

Tell you what....before we get too down about it--let's see how it all shakes out between the new media and streaming contract.  That, and the ability to get more the bowl/playoff money from our conference, (if you are the team going) and the increased split for the Pac-12 from the new Playoff Contract.

Way to early to predict our demise IMHO, as those are four major elements that affect our future that are yet to be known.

Pac 12 Logo_video.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. Mudslide, I totally agree with you, and I made a necessary adjustment to the article, as you will see. I tip my permanently cockeyed cap to you! That's the problem with having a bizarre brain--you can never find properly fitting headwear.

I just heard an announcer refer to Michigan Stadium as "College Football's Cathedral." I've been to that place, and I'll grant you that it is a Big House, since it has almost as many bathrooms as Lincoln Riley's basement. But a cathedral? At best, it's a roadside chapel.

That silly announcer has never been to a real cathedral, and let's all whisper its name in reverent tones: "The Cathedral of 2700 Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard at the University of Oregon, Home of Our Beloved Mighty Fighting Ducks, And Where it Never Ever Rains." I like the way it rolls off the tongue, so much easier to say than "Autzen Stadium."

• Like 1

Fantastic!

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 4:18 AM, debbieduck said:

Great read.  

There is still an outside shot to keep UCLA in the conference according to several articles by Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News. If the PAC-12 loses USC which IMHO is already a done deal but succeeds in keeping UCLA, I think somehow the conference will survive. IMHO, San Diego State joining the conference to replace USC will help to soften the blow a little bit and still make the PAC-12 an attractive option for top-tier California recruits.

• Like 1