NJDuck

It's Official, Sabrina Ionescu is College GameDay's Week 8 Guest Picker!

FfiFKV2XwBk4J9O?format=jpg&name=large

Duck Fans React

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

How many Sabrina jerseys will be in the crowd at GameDay now?

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Perfect

Great choice.

I hope she brings Grasu with her!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/20/2022 at 12:37 PM, DanLduck said:

Great choice.

I hope she brings Grasu with her!

Raiders will be at home on Sunday. Since he’s on practice squad, would he be ok to come to Eugene? Not sure how that works, thanks.

• Thanks 1

More good vibes for Oregon and Eugene with that pick.  Love it!

Mr. FishDuck

Sabrina Ionescu Named College GameDay Guest Picker for Oregon vs. UCLA Showdown

And her resumé can best just about any Oregon basketball player's -- men's or women's teams. 

Outside of the stats, Ionescu captivated the city of Eugene. She demanded Nike release her jerseys in the Duck Store for fans to buy,

something that was rare for a female athlete at the time. Nike concurred, and the #20 Ionescu jerseys sold out in less than two hours.

With her personality she's going to kill it on Game Day!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Lanning excited Sabrina was picked...

• Wow 1

Brilliant choice. Perfect. Outstanding. Couldn't be better ambassador for Oregon. She is on way to becoming the most decorated athlete in Oregon history. The ESPN regulars are going to fall in love. 

Edited by Drex Heikes
  • Salute 1

Love it.  I just wish she could have gotten NIL money; she would have set some records.

• Great post! 1

Of course, makes sense.  If you want to generate student interest and frenzy, who better than someone they know about?

How many students at the University even know who Mike Bellotti or Nick Alliotti are (my choices of guest picker)?  They only know who Chip is because every sports talk show in America is telling them, over and over and over...

Welcome back Sabrina !

Sabrina Ionescu was the logical choice to be guest picker on GameDay

We all know the current WNBA star can dish out assists on the basketball floor,

but how well does she know college football? For those assuming she knows very little … Not so fast my friend!

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

ESPN’s Rece Davis explains why picking Sabrina Ionescu to join College GameDay on Saturday was a lay-up choice.

Sabrina Ionescu Talks Second Youth Camp, College GameDay, Winning Gold With Team USA

The Ducks legend has a big weekend in Eugene, where she'll be the guest picker on "College GameDay" and host her second youth camp.

This is a good article for the occasion. Read Sabrina's comments regarding the relevant topics today.

Speaking of Oregon greats I'm disappointed the article didn't mention that the Executive Director of Kidsports is Bev Smith of Oregon WBB fame.  Still one of my all time favorite hoops players.

Sabrina Ionescu makes her picks on ESPN's College GameDay

As a WNBA All-Star and the greatest women’s basketball player in Oregon history, Ionescu holds

the heart of Eugene in her hands, and had the crowd going wild on Saturday morning.

Here’s how she and the rest of the GameDay crew picked the college football slate of games:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

You knew Sabrina wasn’t going to pick against the Ducks…what about Lee Corso? See how the GameDay crew picked on Saturday.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I ❤️Sabrina! Go Ducks!

Sabrina added fun to the show...

Only Sabrina could've pulled this off...

• Go Ducks! 1