1Funduck

Oregon Would Beat Georgia if They Played Again??!!

Quite a statement from Bo.

WWW.MSN.COM

Oregon and quarterback Bo Nix continued to roll last week, handing UCLA its first loss of the season with a 45-30 win. The Ducks have a legitimate claim as the best team in the Pac-12, having scored...

• Go Ducks! 1

I expect confidence from the Field General. However, this statement brings up a host of questions if we are to be fair. 

1) Is Oregon's offensive line an equal or better match to Georgia's Defensive line. 

2) Is Oregon's receivers an equal or better match to Georgia's defensive back field?

3) Is Oregon's defense an equal or better match to Georgia's offense?

1) yes, emphatically- no sacks and a raw team trying to gel.

2) yes, I would say they could compete on a somewhat equal footing

3) no. While we are getting better, our pass defense would pray that our offense could put Georgia on their heels and force Georgia into a, one dimensional, game. 

I guess I would conclude that the eyeball test says Georgia would be favored. Something like 41-31. But, then again, that's why they play the game right? 

Everyone on this team, including the coaches, should believe they can beat Georgia. They shouldn’t be here if they don’t think they have the ability to win. 

Georgia would certainly be a heavy favorite. Heavy favorites have lost before…That’s why they don’t hand out trophies before the game. 

We still have a lot of work ahead just to get a shot at the PAC -12 title. This team has bought in and is thriving under DL and his staffs guidance. Focusing on getting better with each practice is probably as far ahead as they should be looking right now.

However, in the end, it would be fun to have that rematch. 

Edited by Drake
  • Applause 1

The answer is NO.

I do love confidence but our defense has a long long way to go. It will be interesting this week to see if improvement in pass defense has improved. If it does we will blow Cal up.

Good for Bo for having the confidence in himself and his team to believe they could beat Georgia now!

I totally agree it would be a different game now. Oregon is much, much better. I assume that Georgia has also improved week to week.

It would be interesting. I'm not sure I have as much confidence as Bo to say definitely Oregon would win, but I don't think it is a stretch to say it wouldn't be 49-3. 

I'll go as far as to say the game wouldn't be decided until the 4th quarter one way or the other the way both teams are playing now.

I hate he even entertained this...

Im sure Coach Lanning will talk to him about this.

we really need to ignore the Georgia stuff until end of the regular season

• Thumbs Up 1