Log Haulin

Ducks Win Big, But...

Man that felt sloppy. I asked the question last week, is Cal a trap game? Sure felt like it. Just an ugly win. Talent gap came through on this one.

It Was nice to see the defense step up today. Thought they played well. Sewell got his name called more often today.

Feels like the coaching staff has some work to do. Play that sloppy v. Utes and Ducks will be in trouble. 

Nice to know Ducks can win the ugly one.

• Like 1

They'll be fine, it's just one of those times you don't play at your best.  

It wasn't pretty, but Wilcox usually plays us pretty tough, Cal has never been a place where we play well, even during our best years.  

They'll come back next week and dominate I think.  One thing that has been proven is that we play really well at home, so I expect we'll be up and raring to go against UW and Utah.

Edited by spartan2785

Kinda felt without BO we might have lost that game. He got credit for a couple picks but one was not on him and the second was an unneeded play. He took that game over. Kid is way better than we had hoped for.

• Thumbs Up 1

Impressed with Lanning. Lost some money because I didn’t expect Oregon to cover the 17 points for a road game after such a high last week. Let down was coming.

Oregon opponents will usually bring their best.  The Cal Bears did for a quarter and a half.  They have some good players with pride.

But I am really impressed how the Oregon coaches problem solve, communicate what is needed to the players, and take control of the last 6 games! Improved execution of both offense and defense is visible.

42 points scored today.  The defense had interceptions, sacks, and tackles for loss.  Dominating.  Garbage time doesn't matter.  

Monday the team goes back to the doctor to fix problems and continue to get better.  What a team!  Go Ducks!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Hey! I’m happy. My team wins by 18 on the road, while not playing its best. The glass is well more than half full. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/29/2022 at 4:50 PM, Log Haulin said:

Talent gap came through on this one.

And the coaches and Nix did work at keeping the team focused just enough for large enough portions of the game to win. 

The offense sputtered and in truth should have scored 50 points but we still managed 42. 

Our defense should have kept Cal at 10 but gave up an extra 14 points in the 4th. 

I do feel strongly that if we had last year's staff, this would have been a loss. Granted if we had last year's staff we probably would have 4 losses... Georgia, WSU, UCLA and Cal. 

So I am very thankful for our current staff! 

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Third down defense was greatly improved. Cal went 4-15 on 3rd. I know Cals O is god awful but the D showed some things they hadn't showed prior. 

• Go Ducks! 1

OBD made a lot of mistakes and still covered the spread. 

In fact, OBD are 6-2 against the spread this year, which is phenomenal IMHO. 

I don’t want to depress myself by researching the ATS records for the Mari0 years, but I am sure that we never came close to .500.

• Haha 1