FishDuck Article

The Oregon Ducks Offense: Four Verts

Every week, the Oregon Ducks offense moves up the rankings in total offense; the only week they dropped was during their bye week. The Ducks currently sit as the No. 3 offense in the nation with 526 yards per game. That’s the best yards per game stat line since the 2015 season, and their 42.4 points per game is the ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Every week, the Oregon Ducks offense moves up the rankings in total offense; the only week they dropped was during their bye week. The Ducks...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thanks for the analysis, Coach Boles. Love how DL and Dilly exploit that cover 2 alignment now that Oregon has legit deep threats with Franklin, Hutson and Cota (may he return soon). The opposing secondary has to respect them and the TE as well. If the slower LBs are just slightly out of position on a good Nix play action fake, the speedier RB gets to a wide open spot on the wheel or Texas route and an explosion play results. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Coach Boles, I always love to read your analysis article each week.  You do an excellent job of writing and great video to match.

Sending the back out on a route is better than keeping him in to block.  Often times Verdell would show his toughness and block bigger lb's or linemen.  However, even when he was successful I think it helped contribute to his injuries.

In the video Cal sent five to pressure Nix.  No problem.  The Oregon line gave him a good pocket.

Oregon offense, I'm loving it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Eric. Another play broken down elegantly and clearly. I look forward to these each week. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Coach Boles,

it's always a pleasure to learn the technical workings of what we see of the field.

Something tells me Dilly has a whole library of schemes at his disposal. So, impressive.

Coach--fantastic as usual and you make it so easy to learn!

Mr. FishDuck

I loved this play! 

Interesting that you will notice that the linebacker, #33, who is covering NW on the play, was expecting the wheel route, as he was heading that way. Then, NW puts his foot in the ground and cuts to the middle, #33 is left out in the cold, all alone while Noah makes the catch. 

He was expecting the wheel route because Oregon had just run the wheel route to NW for a big gain.

Also, NW would have never made the endzone if DT #2 wasn't maintaining his block until Noah flies in. After the TD, DT#2 is totally pumped and celebrating.

Edited by Jon Sousa
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is little question that the kids are having a great time in this offense.

Recruits and possible transfers see this

Parents of recruits sees this. 

Coaches see this. 

Fans see this.

The media’s sees this.

The competition sees this.

The future is bright in Eugene.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2022 at 2:27 PM, Just Ducky said:

There is little question that the kids are having a great time in this offense.

No doubt about it - winning games is fun.  As long as the winning continues so will all those smiles.