lownslowav8r

Canzano’s Take on Washington Loss

Noah didn't merely fall down, that play was shredded by the opposing coaches, and players.

He tried to stop and go another direction, but the defender was basically unblocked, not Noah's fault. I hate hearing Noah get any blame for that play.

That was a coaching failure, and, I would state, sadly, an easy play to blow up by the opposing defense.

• Thumbs Up 2

"...an easy play to blow up by the opposing defense."

Exactly. Washington had no reason to respect the QB; they knew Thompson would not run, would not throw, would do nothing but hand off. So, it was easy.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/13/2022 at 8:14 AM, jrw said:

they knew Thompson would not run, would not throw, would do nothing but hand off. So, it was easy.

What I don't understand is why not call some running plays for TT?  We already suspect he can't pass but why not let him run, he is physically capable?

• Thumbs Up 1

Easy to armchair now, but if that play call was read the D and keep or hand off - had TT put the ball in NW's gut, pulled it and keeps, he waltzes for an easy 1st down.  Not bad-mouthing the kid, but it doesn't look like he made any kind of read at all, just handed it off.  Maybe that was the play call, handoff no matter what.

On 11/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, DuckStrike said:

Easy to armchair now, but if that play call was read the D and keep or hand off - had TT put the ball in NW's gut, pulled it and keeps, he waltzes for an easy 1st down.  Not bad-mouthing the kid, but it doesn't look like he made any kind of read at all, just handed it off.  Maybe that was the play call, handoff no matter what.

I believe it was a straight Inside Zone, without a read.

DuckStrike, I hope your handle/posting name implies you are an Oregon Baseball fan, as there are a few of us on this forum.  And sorry for the circumstances, but glad to have to start up with us.  Do post often, and WELCOME!

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, DuckStrike said:

Welcome to the OBD Forum DuckStrike.  Looking forward to reading more of your insight's here!