cartm25

Recruiting Drama Around S Peyton Bowen Nearing End

This might drop Oregon’s class out of the top 10

I'm taking off my Duck colored glasses for a minute here.

Parents have a responsibility to guide their children through life as they enter adulthood. But, guidance doesn't mean forcing. Parents need to remember that they have made their own decisions in life as well. It's best to share the pros and cons with these kids and then support their kids decision.  After all, this Young man will be living with his dreams and regrets the rest of his life. Best to educate and then let them make their own decision and support them.

Duck glasses back on; COME ON BOWEN!! Come to Oregon!!!!!!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sounds like a transfer portal at worst. Parents often get what they want in the short term, but the young man is an adult. 

Some close to Oregon recruiting believe the Ducks are still in the running.  Tweets from the last ten minutes.  I hope Bowen's cell phone plan has unlimited minutes.

As a coach, If you have a player who wants to play football at another school,  but his mom wants him at your school, do you still want him. 

Knowing his heart isn't in it. Knowing he will probably transfer in a year, I think I have a heart to heart with a kid and pull his scholarship. I would like to think I would anyway. 

I Feel bad for this kid. Parents mean well but the kid is going to resent them if they lean this hard and impose their will on a choice this big. Good luck son.

• Thumbs Up 1