Charles Fischer

Another LOI? Predictions Trending for Ashton Porter to Oregon

There is a pay article on 247 that I cannot link, but the bottom line is that Ashton Porter, a 6'3" 255 lb. DE is a Rivals 4-Star defensive terror that the Ducks want bad.  The Crystal Balls and predictions are trending to his verbal on January 3rd, (signing in February) and--if he does--Lanning would beat Cristobal's first year recruiting record from 14 of the 4/5-Star players that are so hard to recruit, to 15

Good grief....Porter's senior numbers are crazy; 24 Tackles-for-Losses and 15 Sacks?  Whew!

Ashton Porter, Cy Ranch, Defensive Line

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

If Lanning wants him, I do too! Let’s get this new year’s party started!! 
🎉🙌🦆🏈

• Thumbs Up 2

Big Texas defensive lineman? Ummm, yes please!

If we get this guy, he may well equal the production of our other notable defensive end recruits....past and present. As the Lanning/Malchow syndicate overhauls this roster, it is becoming clear how systematic this coaching staff is in roster management.  

Sometimes with the past regime I felt they would prioritize stars over evaluation for the recruiting buzz and regional bragging rights.  But without the cattle, you're just wearing a big hat and you can get exposed.  Especially with less than sophisticated schemes and development.

• Applause 1

Hope so, but seems like once one of these top players in play narrows their field, the NIL bidding war takes off.  

"Just do it"

On 12/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Sometimes with the past regime I felt they would prioritize stars over evaluation for the recruiting buzz and regional bragging rights.

Let me restructure your sentence:

The past regime prioritized stars over evaluation for recruiting buzz and regional bragging rights.😁 

• Applause 1

On 12/26/2022 at 10:48 AM, Steven A said:

seems like once one of these top players in play narrows their field, the NIL bidding war takes off.  

That could be true, but another possibility has been raised and has happened often in the past; the player signed his LOI and has already sent it to Oregon.  But he does not want it announced until HE does it on January 3rd, thus both parties get what they want. 

This may not be a February signing, but a done-deal.  We find out on January 3rd...

Ashton Porter, Cy Ranch, Defensive Line

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/26/2022 at 10:54 AM, Charles Fischer said:

This may not be a February signing, but a done-deal

Hope you're right again.

It's been fun when Oregon has had a single, unstoppable monster DE, but it was also obvious that relying on a solitary player leads to fatigue, injury, and other performance limiting issues.

Having multiple monsters (RELEASE THE QUACKENs) could be a terror on the field of play.

Edited by woundedknees
  • Thumbs Up 5

Now the principal of one of the pay-sites has come through with his firm belief that Porter will commit at the All-American Bowl on January 3rd.  I can taste that new recruiting record for Lanning...

Recruiting: Oregon Ducks football staff hinting at multiple new commitments  via social media - Scorebook Live

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Would be sweet to have a Quack Town Smack Down rep around here, wood (in honor of fleeting Beavitz Dominatrix) it not?

On 12/26/2022 at 6:22 PM, woundedknees said:

Beavitz Dominatrix

Bad image, hope to never hear those terms again, let alone separately.