AllOregon

Quaaack! Ashton Porter is a Duck!

Just announced at halftime.

• Cool 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oregon lands commitment from 4-star DL Ashton Porter

The Oregon Ducks have bolstered their defensive line room but adding one of the top remaining talents on the board for the 2023 class.

He joins a 2023 Oregon class that also includes defensive line commitments from A’mauri Washington, Johnny Bowens, Terrance Green, My’Keil Gardner, Tevita Pome’e, and edge rushers Blake Purchase, Teitum Tuioti, Jaeden Moore.

Goody!

This is awesome!!! 
What Charles may or may not drop tonight, as a result, will also be awesome!!

💥💥💥

🙌🦆🏈

I think we all expected it. But, it sure is nice to KNOW it!

On 1/3/2023 at 7:37 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I THINK this puts us at 92 scholarships?

• Thumbs Up 1

This moves Oregon into the Top-Ten in the nation with Rivals. (And yes, it has been consistently harder with Rivals for over 20 years)

Ashton Porter is a Rivals 4-Star, who was offered by four SEC teams, and Oregon beat out four B1G teams, including primary competition of Michigan State.  The Ducks pulled him from other Texas schools that offered such as SMU, TCU, Texas Tech and Texas.  You can see the full list right here, as this is a big recruit for Oregon.

Recruiting: Cypress Ranch's Ashton Porter commits to Oregon

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 3

Mr. FishDuck

Get To Know: Oregon DL Signee Ashton Porter

After committing to Oregon, Porter mentioned that he will be shifting gears in his position

and moving to the EDGE rather than putting a hand down in the dirt.

Porter's athleticism and size allow him to play both but setting him up on the EDGE will give

Oregon some much-needed positional depth.

Porter finished his senior season with 62 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, and 15 sacks, putting him

as one of the most productive defensive players to sign with the Ducks for 2023. 

247SPORTS.COM

Get To Know: Oregon DL Ashton Porter

Looks pretty good to me!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ashton Porter Breaks Down Oregon Commitment

Seeing that Porter wants to get into designing sports apparel, there isn't another place that gives him the unique opportunity the Ducks do. While he was only recruited by Oregon for a little over two months, it was a process he thoroughly enjoyed.

Porter will primarily play the outside linebacker position once he gets to Eugene, but the coaches believe he can do more than just that thanks to violent hands and a quick first step. That presents a role that other schools weren't offering.

"I guess the plan is I'll play edge," Porter said. "On some packages, if it's like a third down with a mismatch with the guard, they'll put me in on that. I was like that's cool, that's unique. Most coaches didn't tell me that."

Sounds like the Ducks were really recruiting him hard...Click on URL below for article.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article270821697.html

• Thumbs Up 1