NJDuck

An Early Look at the Oregon Ducks' 2023 Football Schedule

"The 2022 football season is officially behind us for the Oregon Ducks, and while there is a long stretch of off-season that stands between fans and more football in Autzen Stadium, that doesn’t mean that we can’t start to look forward.

To start, we wanted to take an early look at the Ducks’ schedule in 2023 and highlight some of the biggest games, and most important spots for Oregon to start setting their focus. Of course, the final order and dates of the Pac-12 games are yet to be released, so beyond the non-conference schedule, all we have is the opponents that the Ducks will face next season."

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

It’s never too early to look at Oregon’s 2023 schedule. Let’s break down the biggest games on the docket for Dan Lanning and the Ducks.

Not the easiest, but not the hardest schedule.  Monday January 16th is the final day for college football players to declare for the draft.  Cam Rising is projected to be at best a 6th round pick.  I'm not sure if this 2nd injury this season is enough to have him call it quits, but there is little reason for him to declare for the NFL.

vs. Portland St.

@ Texas Tech

vs Hawaii

@ ASU

@ UW

@ Stanford

@ Utah

vs Cal

vs Colorado

vs WSU

vs USC

vs OSU

Tough road schedule, Tech is going to be a more difficult game than many might expect, they looked good against Ole Miss, Shough is coming back for them, and it's going to be more of the Air Raid offense that we never seem to handle well.

Our conference away games seem to include two of our bogey teams in ASU and Stanford (at least road games against them), and the other two are against the what are probably two better and more difficult places to play away.  

At least we don't play Georgia in Georgia to start the year (yesh!)

I would put the over/under at 9.5

I think we will have a solid understanding of the team and the season after about game 2...  The Texas Tech game will be a rough atmosphere, Oregon has to play well there to come out with a win.  It's not quite Georgia but it's an early challenge so the team needs to be humming along by then.

I see 10 wins this year. I think the Ducks will drop one at UW and one other possibly UT/USC.

Should be able to beat the Beavis at home.

Game Day when USC comes to town. Can't wait as this season seemed to fly by.

On 1/6/2023 at 12:44 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

I see 10 wins this year. I think the Ducks will drop one at UW and one other possibly UT/USC.

Should be able to beat the Beavis at home.

Game Day when USC comes to town. Can't wait as this season seemed to fly by.

I don't know, OBD played well enough to beat UW if it weren't for a few bad play calls.  If the play calling gets a little more rational and the defense improves from bad to just mediocre, I like Oregon's chances of beating the Puppies and even USC.

If the D shows up next year and the O is pretty much the same, they should be favored in every game. Playoffs should be the goal.

• Mic drop 1

I fully expect Ducks to win every one of those games. Like UCLA in 22, U$C goes down to the O in 23. Send them off with a parting gift