Jump to content
Pennsylvania Duck

Are the Ducks a Real Option for Bronny James? LeBron Says Yes

Recommended Posts

LeBron James said Sunday that “there’s a chance” his oldest son will play at Oregon next season and that he discussed the possibility with Altman last summer during an encounter on the Nike campus.

 

“Dana knows,” James said. “He knows the interest. And it’s mutual.”

 

“Oregon, for some odd reason, has always been one of his top five or six that have been on his radar,” James said.

 

“Mookie is going there,” James said, “and they’ve been talking.”

 

This is an interesting article with good info from Bill Oram...

 

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The Los Angeles Lakers star says his son is serious about the University of Oregon as a possible destination.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be honest, I feel like the last thing we need is LeBron's son playing at Oregon, having a ton of attention on him, and how he's utilized at Oregon.  I understand that his profile has actually been pretty team friendly, he isn't a high volume shooter who has to have the ball in his hands to be affective, it's more about how is he going to handle possibly not being a starter in his first year.

 

I just hope Dana has a plan for the next season in terms of how these players are going to compliment each other.

Edited by spartan2785
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gottlieb is a talking head wanting clicks.  Bronny will absolutely be a circus for any school he goes to.  However, it will be much better than the Ball fiasco at UCLA.  Lebron, as a father, hasn't been making headlines talking about his kids.  Bronny, from the many articles I have read, has always been a team player. 

 

Could Bronny be over hyped and not help the team he plays for, absolutely.  However, I don't think it would be better to come in 2nd.  Whatever team he plays for, will be on national TV for likely over half of their games.  I also think Dana would be a strong enough coach, not to play Bronny just because of who his father is.  I'm not sure tOSU or the USC coach could say the same thing.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2023 at 1:47 PM, Tandaian said:

Gottlieb is a talking head wanting clicks.  Bronny will absolutely be a circus for any school he goes to.  However, it will be much better than the Ball fiasco at UCLA.  Lebron, as a father, hasn't been making headlines talking about his kids.  Bronny, from the many articles I have read, has always been a team player. 

 

Could Bronny be over hyped and not help the team he plays for, absolutely.  However, I don't think it would be better to come in 2nd.  Whatever team he plays for, will be on national TV for likely over half of their games.  I also think Dana would be a strong enough coach, not to play Bronny just because of who his father is.  I'm not sure tOSU or the USC coach could say the same thing.

I absolutely agree that it won't be as much of a problem as the Ball brothers situation, I also agree that Dana will not bow down to pressure to give him more minutes than he deserves.  I just think it might not be worth it to have the attention when the team is going to be coming off a second incredibly disappointing finish.   

 

It really has nothing to do with how I think Bronny is as a player or even how LeBron might react to how his son is used, I suspect that both will be ok from that perspective.  It's the media attention he will get, the constant questioning of his play, or Dana's coaching helping or diminishing his play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2023 at 2:07 PM, spartan2785 said:

I absolutely agree that it won't be as much of a problem as the Ball brothers situation, I also agree that Dana will not bow down to pressure to give him more minutes than he deserves.  I just think it might not be worth it to have the attention when the team is going to be coming off a second incredibly disappointing finish.   

 

It really has nothing to do with how I think Bronny is as a player or even how LeBron might react to how his son is used, I suspect that both will be ok from that perspective.  It's the media attention he will get, the constant questioning of his play, or Dana's coaching helping or diminishing his play.

LeBron is not noted for keeping his opinion to himself.  I think he'd have plenty to say about how Bronny is used.  Bronny may or may not be overrated but let's hope if he does come, the media attention and his bullish dad stay away from Eugene.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Making the Case: Bronny James

 

in this article, committed recruits make the case for why Bronny James should

come to their school...Kwame Evans makes the case for the Ducks.

 

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Four-star Bronny James is ranked No. 43 in the 2023 Rivals150.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2023 at 2:56 PM, Mudslide said:

LeBron is not noted for keeping his opinion to himself.  I think he'd have plenty to say about how Bronny is used. 

We have enough trouble winning as it is; I vote against the circus it would create...

 

giphy.gif

  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...
Top