QuackAttack

Duck Basketball Thoughts...

It’s difficult to watch this team. Altman hasn’t had a team like this since his first year. I don’t see this team getting to 20 wins, a first for an Altman team. The play is so sloppy and the question of do you you have good decision making Will or bad decision making Will always keeps you on the edge of your seat.

7’0” 215 isn’t going to dominate inside. Nate needs to get in the weight room and put on 30 of muscle before next season. I feel for Altman because the sloppy turnovers are not typical of an Altman team.

• Thumbs Up 3

The solution?  Watch the Softball team at 8-2 right now, or the Baseball team who started 4-0 this weekend.  Some great talent that is well coached...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Altman is good, injuries and chemistry, not his best roster or transfers this year.  Hopefully a one-off.

Women's team?  Is it time for a change?  Graves is a great recruiter but I've always heard grumbling about the Xs and Os.  The class of five 5 stars disintegrated in a year.  The talent vs production must be among the lowest in D1?

I don't think we realize HOW good Sabrina really was, and with Ruthie...way better in college than her high school rank, then Satou.  Erin Boley was great in their shadow, not so much after they left...too much for any defense.

Graves reminds me of another great recruiter that players love...I think he's a coach at Miami now?  

Maybe all the transfers out, and lack of 4 year continuity, has finally caught up with Altman.  Certainly, the lack of a reliable team leader at point guard is the most glaring lack on this team.  Would Dior Mathis or Jalen Terry sticking around have made a difference, so that leadership didn’t have to fall on Richardson’s shoulders?We’ll never know.  Simply put, Richardson just isn’t “the Man”.

Bittle and Ware seem to have potential.  Five stars supposedly have elite talent.  Hopefully, they stick around and develop it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Graves seems to be at his best when he has had reliable floor generals (Vandersloot at Gonzaga; Ionesco at Oregon), and Altman when he has an assistant with the ability to recruit and develop elite talent like Stubblefield. Without those, both appear to have lost traction and consistency.

Oregon can’t shoot, especially from deep where the Ducks make 31 percent of their attempts.

And they are sloppy and careless with the ball, turning it over on average once every three minutes.

Not a winning scenario.

And yet they dominated Arizona, a game in which I’m guessing that none of the aforementioned stats applied. 

Unfortunately, that game was an outlier, not at all indicative of their typical performance.