Charles Fischer

Nate Bittle Represents the "Fun" for the Fan

Something that we all love as Oregon fans of all sports is watching players develop and have "the" moment where they realize...."I can play at this level. Maybe even excel at this level!"

Watching Bittle grow to where he is now is so fun, and makes you happy for him.  Interesting how he suggested in interviews how playing the 5-position, and not the stretch-4 is a better matchup that he prefers.  But just being on the floor has given him confidence. Watching the development of Trikwese Bridges at corner in football was also rewarding to watch...

Nate Bittle_Nate Bittle Twitter and Oregon Basketball.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

The flip-side for student athletes who keep one foot in the room, but the other from allowing the door to close, is that they fail to grasp the importance of  ‘the here and now’ by always looking to where the grass might be greener.

Learning to accept, and living up to the commitment you’ve made is a big part of reaching maturity, and the portal; sadly - for all its advantages - has the potential to work like a masking drug on many student athletes who never allow this priceless time in their lives to teach them anything more than avoidance, and that they want their cake, and eat it too.

That’s why for me - at at least at this moment - Nate Bittles is a damn good example of what being a student athlete is really all about.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 stars don't always excel immediately.  Kelel Ware is another example.  If Ware can play a 4 (seems he can) and Bittle the 5, we could be in for a fun season next year if everyone can stay healthy.  I see Shelstad as a day one starter at point. 

A good defender who can score in the paint to come off the bench for the bigs would be nice.  Doesn't have to be a 3 point threat, although Bittle is and Ware seems to be capable.  The NBA big man trend is now a 3 point threat.  I think our backcourt will be deep if healthy.  The 3 spot will be the biggest ? with Guerrier graduating.  With 2 strong bigs another 3-type wing won't need as much size perhaps.

Now if Graves can just get the women's team to gel

I was hoping that Ware would be able to show out in the NIT.  I'm happy now that it's Bittle, because we know he's coming back next year.  Ware is still a low percentage chance of coming back.

• Thumbs Up 1

The best recent news is we signed a transfer who can shoot the long ball, over 40% at threes!

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Oregon basketball adds a JUCO transfer.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I hope Bittle becomes is a longer Maarty Leunen who in my opinion is one of the more overlooked players in UO basketball history, such a great player, and I do think he probably works better as a stretch 5 instead of a 4.   Ware I have my doubts that he'll be coming back, I think he might transfer back home to Arkansas.  From what I've heard of Evans, I think it might actually work with him being a long athletic 4 (more smooth than Ware), and Mookie coming in as a tough minded D monster at the 3.  

It'll be really interesting to see what the roster is like next year. 

• Thumbs Up 1