NJDuck

Oregon vs Ohio State for the Spring Game? Who Says No?!?

Dan Lanning ‘not opposed’ to Oregon Ducks playing future spring games against another team

Interesting thought, Ohio St. vs Oregon, Spring game in Eugene?  Highlight of the Day for your entertainment.

GO DUCKS!  FLY HIGH!

If it's in Eugene, maybe. If it's in Ohio, no.

I'm not sure about Ohio state... 

But I did write an article about making the spring game a real game a year ago. 

FISHDUCK.COM

The Spring Game is just a glorified scrimmage. It's something all fans know, but we still get excited about...

I feel it is far more likely that a spring game against another team would be against an FCS opponent. They need the money and they won't cost nearly as much as Ohio State would to come to Oregon. 

Fans would still fill the stadium because it's one of the few tastes of football we get before the season. 

• Thumbs Up 1

David's article was spot on. But if a spring game was played against another team it would be against an FCS or lower opponent and likely have a running clock in the 2nd half.

Portland State is the perfect season-opening game. I'd like to see this every season; keep the FCS 'body bag' money in Oregon and get game time experience without a true risk of a loss. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would love an Oregon vs Alabama spring game, even tho Alabama is much tougher than Ohio State.

Either way I would love to take on both.

My view?  Save the contests with the top-five teams for the Playoff!  The objective of Oregon's schedule is to get to the Playoff, and we are handicapped enough with a nine game conference schedule.

You can get hurt inadvertently...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Injuries would be a main concern no matter who the Ducks played 

Local, linear tv or ESPN could payvto televise. Advertisers would certainly participate.

NIL sponsors could promote their products via their signed athletes. Cover PSU expenses and split tge rest 50/50. A big boost to both athletic departments .

I agree with Charles and others that we play the big boys in the playoffs. I would go one step further and say no P-5 teams. Just FCS.

Fun idea ro ponder......