Charles Fischer

Kind of Stunned by the Spring Game Planning?

Oregon has always done a great job with the Spring Game between trying to make it entertaining, and adding features such as honoring our veterans and famous former players.  I thought Chip, Taggart and Mario all did a good job with making it special for the fans, AND making it a primary recruiting event.

But boy...it sure seems that the Lanning organization has stepped it up another notch.  I have NEVER heard of so many highly ranked recruits coming to a Spring Game as this one, and the guest list is impressive to match previous Spring Games.  Am I alone in this observation?  Does it seem that Oregon is making this a BIG event compared to say, Washington?

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I am very impressed with the recruiting efforts. Having these players in at the same time generates excitement and momentum. We won’t be able to get all these players, but all of them should go home impressed with Oregon.

Telling recruits that the your goal is to build a National Championship team is rather hollow if you aren’t getting the top players to at least visit. Getting the top recruits to visit at the same time certainly makes it look like you are on the right track.

I also applaud the former players that make time and take the effort to return to Oregon. As an Oregon Alum and huge fan of our Ducks, I love it. This can only help Dan Lanning and his staff recruit the future stars of Oregon. 

It also looks like the weather this Saturday will ALSO feature an appearance of the sun….😎

Edited by Drake
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Agreed; when all those players see what is happening at Oregon, feel the vibe, and seeing some of the best other recruits--they cannot help but think that, "something special is going on here at Oregon."

Oregon Poster_Fox Sports Video (2).jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

From coach Will Stein.  Agree, hoping Oregon fans come out packing the stadium on a beautiful day!

• Applause 1

Yes, they are really trying to make it a 'big deal'.  

I think it is a great idea to get former greats to come back for the spring game.  Show case what can happen here at Oregon.  You know the blue bloods love pointing to championships and NFL rosters.  We don't have the titles, but we do have NFL guys.

We should never compare ourselves to any other program, especially one which has never won, and probably never will win an NCAA mens championship.

I think our strength is we never compare, we just lead, and let the rest wonder how we do it. Oh they wonder along with complain, and come up with a massive list of excuses for underperformance, which is the definition of a loser, by the way.

I think one of the Oregon greats said it best with this.....

giphy.gif

Edited by Haywarduck

Forecasted to be 78 degrees on Saturday!  Perfect...and compared to all the unanticipated water we have had recently?  Whew!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

Looking thru all the threads I haven't seen a lineup in one article of who is coming.  9 Five Stars?  Yeah baby

On 4/25/2023 at 6:55 PM, JDuck said:

Looking thru all the threads I haven't seen a lineup in one article of who is coming.  9 Five Stars?  Yeah baby

I am expecting the various sites to post an all encompassing attendees list on Friday. I think I saw somewhere we might be up to 10 5-stars.

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1