Jon Joseph

Pac-12 2023 Football Season - 5 Bold Predictions

Here are 5 interesting thoughts from John Buhler of Fansided. ( This article has 5 different screens, If you cannot navigate through all 5 here go to fansided.com for the full article.)

How about his new moniker for the game formerly known as The Civil War? 'The Strife Aquatic?'  I am down with a NO vote.

FANSIDED.COM

Pac-12 football fans are here for a good time, but not for a long time with realignment coming. For at least one more year, we will have a healthy helping ...

He is loving himself some Michael Penix and the rabid, flea-bitten dogs. I hope that we see a husky flop.

husky dogs GIF

I do not agree with nearly all of his “predictions.”

I do not believe Jonathan Smith will ever leave Corvallis, as he is a fit, is happy there, and if/when the program slides…they will be patient with him unlike anywhere else.

What he has done there is truly a coaching miracle.

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/20/2023 at 12:11 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I do not agree with nearly all of his “predictions.”

I do not believe Jonathan Smith will ever leave Corvallis, as he is a fit, is happy there, and if/when the program slides…they will be patient with him unlike anywhere else.

What he has done there is truly a coaching miracle.

A lot of the five are bold beyond reason. I agree that JS is not likely to leave for another college job but one day the NFL could come calling.

On 5/20/2023 at 6:57 AM, Jon Joseph said:

How about his new moniker for the game formerly known as The Civil War? 'The Strife Aquatic?'

This made me laugh heartily as it is hilariously accurate. However, it is a definite NO for me. The War On The Willamette is the only reasonable replacement. Now down to business. 

The Jonathan Smith take is about as far from the truth as one could get. Never, in recent memory, has a coach/Alma Mater been more suited for one another than Smith in Corvallis. The guy genuinely likes being there and building the program his way. Sure, it doesn't have UO or UW money,  but as long as he keeps doing what he's doing I bet they keep finding ways to make him want to stay. The real prediction for him is what year he wins the conference. 

Bo Nix is not going to be Will Levis for many reasons but the main two I see separating him for that dude is his demeanor and humility. The dude is a natural leader of men, and whether he has a decent NFL career or not he will absolutely be a coach one day; and you can mark my words on that. Dillingham already considered him a coach in the huddle.

Penix should go to New York in December as long as he plays like he did last year. But Bo should as well if he stays healthy and does the same. There is no reason the Heisman shouldn't go to the Pac for the second year in a row. 

• Applause 1

1.  No, Nix will not be QB3

2.  Smith will leave if he gets double digit wins.  Of course, I mean this Smith will leave his mind, not Jonathan leaving OSU.

3.  Yes, but depends on how many lanes there are at the alley.

4.  YES, yes, yes

5.  Nah, ain't gonna get a Heisman from a 3 L team. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/20/2023 at 9:11 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I'm sure he'll get some offers but I agree this is his dream job and maybe Oregon state is going to have to get him some more cash but I would be super shocked if he leaves..

And Oregon state will do all it can to keep him there. 

• Thumbs Up 1