Charles Fischer

Oregon is Pac-12 Tournament Champion, 5-4 Over Wildcats!

It was great, bounce back pitching from a freshman, and studly relief pitching, and hits at the most important time!
——————

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon beats Arizona 5-4 to claim the title and an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament

We have a great story with a State of Oregon player in sophomore catcher Bennett Thompson from Medford, who began to play more as the season went on and is now batting .383?  Whew!  He has had some important hits for us, and it needs to continue!

Another player who played sparingly and now cannot be out of the line-up is freshman Drew Smith who came in at third base when Sabin Ceballos was hurt, did a fantastic job, and is batting so well at .397 that he is our DH and a future star!

Again...seven of the nine starters last night are hitting over .300 and one who was not, Gavin Grant, went 4-5 at the plate last night. Fun team to watch!   Can the pack of freshman pitchers come through again?

Ceballos - HR vs. Wash P12 Tourney

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On my Xfinity channel guide the schedule has never strayed from showing a 7pm slot for the Pac-12 Championship game. This is good, because I do not have ESPNU. Anytime the Ducks play on that channel, which happens a bit in basketball, I'm out of luck!

On the UO Duck website, it says the game is on ESPN2.

On 5/27/2023 at 5:58 PM, Canvasback said:

On the UO Duck website, it says the game is on ESPN2.

Right, as I wrote.

But again, my Infinity TV listing does not show the game on ESPN2, but shows it on ESPNU at 7 PM.

I am recording on both channels to be on the safe side. I like to record and then start watching later to zip through the commercials.

Mr. FishDuck

Sorry Charles. I misread your post as saying ESPN. My bad.

On 5/27/2023 at 6:54 PM, Canvasback said:

Sorry Charles. I misread your post as saying ESPN. My bad.

No sweat.  And as it turns out...the game began on ESPNU!

Mr. FishDuck

Ducks up 4-3 bottom of 7. Great game, really good pitching, inside the park homer by Romero of Arizona and a towering HR by Walsh over the R centerfield wall.

6 outs to go. 

Go Ducks!

Edited by EastBayDuckDad
Wrong player
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well I didn't see this coming after getting absolutely shellacked by UW at home in one of the worst series I've seen from the Ducks.  They bounced back, got right in the last two games against Utah, then got enough pitching to allow their awesome offense to do their thing, congrats to the team!

• Great post! 2

Ducks win!!!

Final out caught by two star athelete #28 Bryce Boetcher. Nice!

Awesome game! Pac12 champion Oregon Ducks. Let's hope they get a regional NCAA berth at PK.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon beats Arizona 5-4 to claim the title and an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament

Mr. FishDuck

Go Ducks! 

I have a couple colleagues at work who are beavers and I know they probably won't appreciate this so I'll try not to rub it in too much. 

Especially when baseball is their sport. 

Talk about building a program at Oregon. Baseball went from non-existent to winning the conference in a relatively short time. 

I still want the Ducks to finally make it to the College World Series, they did appear once in 1954 tho.