Charles Fischer

Oregon Beats National No. 6 Seed Vanderbilt 8-7!

In the winners bracket and in the Regional final tomorrow at 6:00 PM PST!  Beat the No. 6 seed on their home field.  Congrats to freshman Turner Spoljaric for six solid innings to help make it happen!

The bracket is right here, and Oregon plays the winner of the noon game of Xavier and Vanderbilt.

The winner of this bracket was supposed to play the No. 11 Seed, Oklahoma State, but they have been bounced from the tournament.  If Oregon were to win this regional, and a lower seed than Oregon wins the Stillwater regional....Oregon could host a Super-Regional?  We gotta win one of two games over Sunday and Monday if needed....whew!

It could happen because first Oklahoma State lost twice, and while Washington was the No. 2 Seed in the Stillwater Regional, but they just got beat by Oral Roberts 15-12 after leading 8-1!

• Go Ducks! 2

Mr. FishDuck

Live Updates: No. 2 Oregon squares off against No. 1 Vanderbilt in winner's bracket matchup 

Follow along for live updates between No. 2 Oregon and No. 1 Vanderbilt in a winner's bracket matchup.

247SPORTS.COM

Follow along for live updates between No. 2 Oregon and No. 1 Vanderbilt in a winner's bracket matchup.

The Ducks take the game, 8-7.  GO DUCKS.

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Mr. FishDuck

Hoo-wee, they sure tried to give it away with that HR in the bottom of the 9th, but hung on. After being up 8-4 in the 7th. Like Yogi said, "It ain't over till it's over, no matter how over it looks".

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

The play of the game--HUGE.

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/3/2023 at 9:12 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Hoo-wee, they sure tried to give it away with that HR in the bottom of the 9th, but hung on. After being up 8-4 in the 7th. Like Yogi said, "It ain't over till it's over, no matter how over it looks".

When they hit the two-run homer off Mollerus....it made me think about the end of the Portland game...its not going to be "Deja Vu all over again?"

Mr. FishDuck

Omigosh!

The winner of this bracket was supposed to play the No. 11 Seed, Oklahoma State, but they have been bounced from the tournament.  If Oregon were to win this regional, and a lower seed wins the Stillwater regional....Oregon could host a Super-Regional?  We gotta win one of two games over Sunday, and Monday if needed....whew!

It could happen because first Oklahoma State lost twice, and while Washington was the No. 2 Seed in the Stillwater Regional, but they just got beat by Oral Roberts 15-12 after leading 8-1!

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Maybe a super regional for Oregon at PK?

Just win one more!

card00902_fr2.jpg.e9aa6abfc90e2c098d77eed46cb7d77d.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

HUZZAH! Nothing better than defeating an SEC team in SEC country in any sport.

I am predicting we go with Matthew Grabmann (Another freshman Canadian as last night) as starter tonight and hope he has good control.  I expect to see more of Grayson Grinsell again, and for Austin Anderson....today is another day!  I'll be we see Mercado and McShane for a few innings as well.

If we have to play on Monday...with our pitching situation then?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/3/2023 at 9:14 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The play of the game--HUGE.

That was such an incredible play. I came right out of my Lazy boy!

And, the base ump made a great call!

That play could not have been any closer. I was very impressed at the call.

Now, just one more baby, just one more!

• Let’s hope! 1

Xavier on the brink of ousting Vandy 2-1 in the top of the 9th. Then lightning hits close enough to Nashville that they've delayed the last inning!

Oregon will play (if the bad weather holds off) one or the other tonight, but I love the idea of only needing to win one of two against Xavier.

On 6/4/2023 at 2:15 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Xavier on the brink of ousting Vandy 2-1 in the top of the 9th. Then lightning hits close enough to Nashville that they've delayed the last inning!

Oregon will play (if the bad weather holds off) one or the other tonight, but I love the idea of only needing to win one of two against Xavier.

Vandy has a deeper bullpen, but it was hard enough to beat Xavier for a fifth time, let alone a sixth time.

Mr. FishDuck