Charles Fischer

Super-Regional Game Two: Ducks Lose 8-7, Game 3 Tomorrow at 3:00 PST

For those who want to discuss the game before, during and after!  No announcement yet for any change to the line-up or starting pitcher, but I'm betting on Turner Spoljaric.

Great to see Tualatin/Sherwood HS native freshman Ian Umlandt pitch scoreless innings in the last two games. 

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

If this game is any more dramatic than game 1, I may have to have my defibrillator battery replaced.  Indeed, these Ducks have turned me back into a baseball fan.

GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

Live Updates: Oregon bids for CWS berth against Oral Roberts in game two of super regional 

Follow along as Oregon takes on Oral Roberts in game two of the Eugene Super Regional.

247SPORTS.COM

Follow along as Oregon takes on Oral Roberts in game two of the Eugene Super Regional.

Super Regionals: Game 2 vs Oral Roberts

Nice to see Pennsylvania Duck chiming in!

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't watched baseball in years. Tuned in and having a blast watching. Go Ducks!

Top of the 8th, we got this!!!

Have to make plays, doesn't matter if it was scorched, you have to get at least one out there.  

Doesn't help when the home plate ump basically doesn't call anything on the outside corner for us, yet was giving an extra inch to ORU.

Well, that sucks.  But we played great, had our chances and are playing a very good team.  I am concerned about having enough quality pitchers for tomorrow...

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/10/2023 at 9:20 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Well, that sucks.  But we played great, had our chances and are playing a very good team.  I am concerned about having enough quality pitchers for tomorrow...

Yeah, mine as well, at least ORU will be without their closer, I can't see him coming back after throwing 60 tonight and pitching the night before.  Makes me wonder if their bullpen is that shallow that they went to him for a 4 inning outing.

On 6/10/2023 at 9:25 PM, spartan2785 said:

Makes me wonder if their bullpen is that shallow that they went to him for a 4 inning outing.

I am sure their third starter is more experienced/skilled than what we have right now is the problem.  

Mr. FishDuck

Ducks will have to score a bunch of runs to win on Sunday.

Super Regional Comes Down To Sunday

After Oregon's walk-off win Friday, Oral Roberts turned the tables Saturday to set up Sunday's finale at 3 p.m.

GODUCKS.COM

After Oregon's walk-off win Friday, Oral Roberts turned the tables Saturday to set up Sunday's finale at 3 p.m.

Golden Eagles take down Ducks with walk-off single; force winner-take-all game three

Game two of the Eugene Super Regional provided more dramatic flair, as Oral Roberts claimed a victory with a walk-off single, forcing a winner-take-all game three.

247SPORTS.COM

Game two of the Eugene Super Regional provided more dramatic flair, as Oral Roberts claimed a victory with a walk-off single...

Postgame vs. Oral Roberts | Super Regional Game 2

Head Baseball Coach Mark Wasikowski, #31 Sr. OF Tanner Smith, and #5 Sr. INF Gavin Grant meet with the media following Oral Roberts' walk-off of the Ducks to force the rubber match on Sunday.

Neither team knows the meaning of quit or give up. After all the months and all the games played, it boils down to a 1 game season for one of these teams.

Both games have been fun to watch and agonizing, too!

Whichever team has the most juice left in their pitching staff will be headed to Omaha.......

GO DUCKS!