Charles Fischer

New Verbals Recruiting for Oregon: "It's the Place to Be"

You could not ask for better...

“It’s time to recruit this class and make this the No. 1 class in the country,” QB verbal Michael Van Buren told On3’s Chad Simmons. “I feel like when I put that out there, it could spark decisions from a bunch of other recruits.”

“They have great people in the building,” he added. “The opportunity at Oregon is second to none in football and in life. They’re really big on family and feel like coach (Will) Stein can really develop me and maximize my potential.”

Meanwhile, San Jacinto (Calif.) On3 four-star wide receiver Dillon Gresham chose the Ducks on May 22.

Everybody knows Oregon,” Gresham told Simmons. It’s the place to be. I’ve seen what Oregon is trying to build. The players they’re bringing in, it can’t be a fluke. It seems like they’re ready to go after a national championship. I want to be a part of it.”

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

And I want to be a part of it as a fan. 🙂

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

And hopefully Dan is our Henry VIII

• Like 1

SoCal Native Ryner Swanson Could be an Oregon Duck Very Soon

To go along with what you are saying, another recruit could be joining the 2024 class.  This is one to keep an eye on.  Tight End, much needed to shore up that group.  This class is becoming something special.

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

This prospect won’t immediately play college football. We’ll explain why.

Swanson commented on the Oregon program:

“The vibe fit me more at Oregon,” he said. “They definitely included my family. It was more family-oriented at Oregon. I just loved the vibe, I love the coaches. I met some of the players and I’d say Oregon was a really good fit for me. Texas, I don’t know. But I think Oregon is in the lead.”

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/12/2023 at 7:40 PM, Steven A said:

For the life of me....I could not figure out what you meant by this!  Then it hit me...you were referring to Herman's Hermits!

Mr. FishDuck

And Seattle does not appear to be the place to be for recruits. Heartbreaking, right?

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Washington is losing a key recruit.

• Haha 1

As great a coach as DeBore is, you cannot overcome a recruiting disadvantage over time.  Currently...

Washington has two verbals, both are 3-Stars.

Oregon has 16 verbals, with nine of them being 4-Stars, and seven as 3-Stars.

Gotta love Dan!

He takes recruiting seriously...

Dan Lanning_Craig Strobeck.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/12/2023 at 10:40 PM, Steven A said:

That would mean in a day and age when you cannot lop heads off a heck of a lot in alimony payments.

Hopefully, the Ducks can coach up the recruits and they produce on the field.  It is always nice to look good on paper, but even better when they look good on the field.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/13/2023 at 12:24 PM, Tandaian said:

Hopefully, the Ducks can coach up the recruits and they produce on the field.  It is always nice to look good on paper, but even better when they look good on the field.

This is where Mario C. failed.  He recruited, but never produced Oregon's recruits to see full potential on the field.

If Washington is down to 2 three star recruits.  How can they be ranked 7 nationally?  Or are they counting transfer portals as well?

• Thumbs Up 1

They make reference to the 247 Sports Composite rankings, and I don't know what they are talking about.  As for Rivals rankings? Oregon was No. 5 in the nation yesterday, and now is No. 6.  Oh dear,...Washington is No. 79!

N.RIVALS.COM

The definitive source for all Rivals news.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/13/2023 at 1:25 PM, Charles Fischer said:

They make reference to the 247 Sports Composite rankings, and I don't know what they are talking about.  As for Rivals rankings? Oregon was No. 5 in the nation yesterday, and now is No. 6.  Oh dear,...Washington is No. 79!

Thanks Charles!  So now I get it, they made a big fat typo leaving out the '9' following the '7'..

Go Ducks, keep on reaching new heights!

On 6/13/2023 at 7:34 AM, Charles Fischer said:

For the life of me....I could not figure out what you meant by this!  Then it hit me...you were referring to Herman's Hermits!

Thank Goodness. The historical Henry VIII is not someone I’d like to see Dan Lanning "channeling." 😎😇