kirklandduck

QUAAACK! 4-Star Kingston Lopa Commits to Oregon over Washington!

He is a Rivals 3-Star, but is a player coveted by both Washington and Oregon. 

“I love it here,” Lopa said. “Everything is all family here and that’s a big part of me , family and the connections you get here. I’m coming to win.”

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon’s gain is Washington’s loss as four-star safety Kingston Lopa commits to the Ducks via Twitter this Sunday morning.

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

An impressive list that offered him: Auburn, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, USC and Washington!

N.RIVALS.COM

Kingston Lopa - 2024 3 Star Outside linebacker for Grant (Sacramento, CA) on Rivals.com

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

6'4" 195. Thats a big safety. Can he cover ground? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Now, imagine him in 2 years. 6'4" and 230lbs.

Now THATS a linebacker!! 

Can he be the 3 star recruit that develops into manhood and becomes the 5* draft pick?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"I felt a connection with me and the coaches, coach Tosh especially."  He intends to help recruit for Oregon as well. "Who ever Oregon needs, we're getting them," said Lopa.

Kingston Lopa, Grant Union, Safety

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ducks land commitment from three-star S Kingston Lopa after visit

Oregon didn't relent in its recruitment of versatile three-star defensive standout Kingston Lopa when he was committed to Arizona for a few months earlier this year, and those efforts paid off Sunday as Lopa announced his commitment to the Ducks coming off his official visit in Eugene.

The 6-foot-4, 195-pound prospect from Sacramento could be a safety or ultimately develop into a linebacker in the mold of current Duck Jeffrey Bassa.

Defensive coordinator Tosh Lupoi led the way in recruiting Lopa, who previously talked about the connection they've built through this process.

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Oregon adds another piece to its strong 2024 defensive recruiting class.
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope he takes the ewe dub trip so he can see how the other (lower) half lives and report back to all those would be lost souls who are considering them.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 6/18/2023 at 12:55 PM, Charles Fischer said:

An impressive list that offered him: Auburn, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, USC and Washington!

N.RIVALS.COM

Kingston Lopa - 2024 3 Star Outside linebacker for Grant (Sacramento, CA) on Rivals.com

Man, I'm glad Rivals wasn't one of my college profs! What do you have to do to get the 4th star? Be offered by the Chiefs? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/18/2023 at 11:36 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Man, I'm glad Rivals wasn't one of my college profs! What do you have to do to get the 4th star? Be offered by the Chiefs? 

In the end, Rivals and 247 Sports both had Oregon in the top 10 of recruiting rankings last year.  Again...Rivals has legacy data that is not corrupted like 247 Sports, thus when I make reference to the number of 4/5-Star players that Bellotti or Kelly had in the past, and we are comparing to Cristobal and now Lanning in the present--Rivals data is consistent and reliable.

It becomes that much a bigger deal when Rivals elevates 3-Star players like Luke Moga and Fox Crader to 4-Star, and again--we like having 3-Star guys with a chip on their shoulder who will push or out-work the higher ranked recruits.

Kingston Lopa

Kingston Lopa, Grant Union, Safety

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Four-star DB Kingston Lopa breaks down his commitment to Oregon

Sacramento (Calif.) Grant safety Kingston Lopa breaks down his commitment to Oregon...

On his official visit in Eugene, Lopa let the Oregon coaches know before his trip concluded that he wanted to be a Duck.

247SPORTS.COM

Sacramento (Calif.) Grant safety Kingston Lopa breaks down his commitment to Oregon...

• Go Ducks! 1